VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Reversal ? Is This A Clue

Rate this question

KennyJ

Question

Back in December 2004 I went to my Local hospital emergency room about 3 times. I filed the claims with my local VAMC and in April 2005 I received a letter from the Salem Va. VAMC saying that my claims for payments for my Emergency visits had been denied. I have had 5 C&P exams in the lasr 2 months and is currently awaiting to be rated on them. This week I recieved letters again from the Salem Va. VAMC saying that the calims from 2004 has now been authorized for payment. Is it possible that my current VA claims could have something to do with this reversal. I also have an Appeal for TDIU on file.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Back in December 2004 I went to my Local hospital emergency room about 3 times. I filed the claims with my local VAMC and in April 2005 I received a letter from the Salem Va. VAMC saying that my claims for payments for my Emergency visits had been denied. I have had 5 C&P exams in the lasr 2 months and is currently awaiting to be rated on them. This week I recieved letters again from the Salem Va. VAMC saying that the calims from 2004 has now been authorized for payment. Is it possible that my current VA claims could have something to do with this reversal. I also have an Appeal for TDIU on file.

Kenny,

Are you at the rating board at the regional office Roanoke, Virginia? This may help me, as all of my C&P's were also done at the Salem Medical Center.

Josephine

It appears that there are several people who post here that use the Salem, Virginia VAMC and the Roanoke, Virginia VARO. We must not live too far apart from one another, as my husband uses both of these as well. Nice to hear from some others who use the same facilities as you do.

mssoup1

• HadIt.com Elder
It appears that there are several people who post here that use the Salem, Virginia VAMC and the Roanoke, Virginia VARO. We must not live too far apart from one another, as my husband uses both of these as well. Nice to hear from some others who use the same facilities as you do.

mssoup1

Nice to hear from you also.

I have found the Salem Medical Center to be of not the best for C&P's. I am still fighting the Roanoke Office as they did not secure my medical records back in 1978. Hang in there and maybe we can help each other!!

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

There are no good VAMC's for C&P exams. They all believe most vets are fakers and frauds. Younger doctors are pollluted by the older ones who tell them vets are trying to ride the gravy train.

• HadIt.com Elder

John 999,

Sure hope that I didn't mess up your post. No, I checked and I actually did it right this time, don't know how I did it though?

I shall try one more time to post and then if I do not succeed this time, I definitely have that GAF of 40 that those psychiatrist gave me.

I have messed up more posting!!

I lucked out and had a wonderful young doctor for my first C&P, don't believe that he had been around the block.

I think that he felt sorry for me, for I was scared to death.

I have gotten much smarter to the ways of the Va in the last 4 years.

You are right all the Medical Centers are terrible!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Josephine,

If you have a standard C & P exam that does not fit into the specialized category, you will probably end up with an inadequate C & P exam. I think that every C & P exam that my husband had that was not a specialized exam was inadequate and filled with errors. After each exam, I gave them about a week to get the results of the exam into the system. We then went to the Release of Information Department and got a copy of it. I then turned around and sent a copy of the exam results, along with a letter explaining all of the wrong information in the report and sent it to the VARO before a decision was made on my husbands claim. I then requested that he be given another exam, by another examiner, due to the exam he just had as being totally inadequate. I explained that there was no way that a fair decision could be made based on these inadequate exams.

The specialized departments giving C & P exams seem to be fairly good, as far as what my husband received. On the last two standard exams he had, the examiner was in the process of going on vacation and my husband happened to be his last exam to do that day. The results of one of the exams was never even written up and sent to the VARO. The second exam he did was so full of errors and misinformation that you would have thought that he was doing the report without actually looking at his C-file or medical records. If he had, there is no way the report could have been written up the way it was. He was given new C & P exams and in the end he got those claims approved.

Hope things go well for you. If I can be of any help, let me know as I have been dealing with the local VARO and VAMC for many years.

mssoup1