Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston....we No Longer Have A Problem!

Rate this topic

TarheelCCM

13 Feb 14: Decision made on appeal. Initial application for benefits was started in Oct 09. After receiving my benefit for 90% in May 10 I initiated an appeal. Received my SOC in 2013 with award on a couple of issues, but completed Form 9 and requested Houston DRO award benefits for higher percentage based on information provided.

18 Apr 14: Brown envelope received, 100% disability rating confirmed, T&P. Rating will go back to 1 Nov 09 when I retired, increased from 90%. No movement on the retropay yet. I have seen everything from the retropay being paid the same time as the decision to a couple of months. Houston VA is hard to figure out. Will standby for the deposit....the heavy lifting is done.

27 May 14: Great news, I woke up Saturday morning at 4:45 like I normally do every week day and went to use the bathroom. Checked my phone and there was an alert for a deposit from my bank. Bottomline….I received my retropay. From everything I had calculated I was only off by .88 cents so I am happy. Retired in 2009, working this appeal since Apr/May 2010 and finally it is done. So thankful….don't give up….never give up….best of luck to you guys…keep fighting!

Congrats. Take care of yourself physically as well as mentally. Always a good pick me up to read about a success story.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Thank God and glad to see you got your money bud. Good luck to you and your family. I fought the Govt too and in 7 months I went from 80 to 100%, Approved for SSDI in 10 weeks, and my Wife was approved to be my Caregiver in 5 months. I spent many crazy hours on the Internet reading laws and procedures, and I used these against them. Take care and hope you get yourself a good gift.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars