VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Never Meet Attorney Face To Face Only Phone And Mail, Normal?

Rate this question

marine0816

Question

I want to appeal my decision and I think I want to go the lawyer route, because I don't want to take any chances. My VSO has been MIA and I don't want to appeal by myself. I have found the Veteran law group based out of Virginia. The case manager has answered all me emails so far. they told me that we will never need meet face to face and everything will be handled through phone and mail. Is this normal for Veteran lawyers not to meet face to face and to be thousand of miles from their clients? And will they represent me at hearings without my presence?Thanks you

Edited by marine0816

I've been at this for 7 years (representing Vets), and I've never met many of my clients.

This can be a good thing - it typically means we got the case resolved through a telephonic DRO Conference (or without need for a hearing in the first place). This saves my clients money (the only costs our clients pay AFTER they win are travel costs and expert fees).

However, if my client has a DRO Conference or BVA hearing, I will be there in person and will meet my client. I also have told my attorneys that they are to contact every client we have at least 2 times a month - the first time to see how they are doing, and the second time to tell them what we have done in the claim.

Also, I wrote a FREE ebook that has the "8 Things Every Veteran Should Know Before Hiring An Attorney"....including 8 things you may not know about attorneys that represent Veterans, and a 25+ question checklist to make sure your attorney knows what the heck he/she is talking about.

Here's where to get a FREE Copy of "8 Things Every Veteran Should Know Before Hiring an Attorney."

I've been at this for 7 years (representing Vets), and I've never met many of my clients.

This can be a good thing - it typically means we got the case resolved through a telephonic DRO Conference (or without need for a hearing in the first place). This saves my clients money (the only costs our clients pay AFTER they win are travel costs and expert fees).

However, if my client has a DRO Conference or BVA hearing, I will be there in person and will meet my client. I also have told my attorneys that they are to contact every client we have at least 2 times a month - the first time to see how they are doing, and the second time to tell them what we have done in the claim.

Also, I wrote a FREE ebook that has the "8 Things Every Veteran Should Know Before Hiring An Attorney"....including 8 things you may not know about attorneys that represent Veterans, and a 25+ question checklist to make sure your attorney knows what the heck he/she is talking about.

Here's where to get a FREE Copy of "8 Things Every Veteran Should Know Before Hiring an Attorney."

Thanks for your post, if I wasn't already lawyered up, I would be definitely seeking your services. Well done website

Thanks...let me know how I can make it BETTER!

Are you in Dallas ?

According to this topic it doesn't matter where the location is.

Maybe we can go to a Applebees and eat some wings after he kicks the VA s arse.