Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Records Access Being Denied

Rate this question

markbcheney

Question

Buffalo NY VARO refuses to afford me access to my file on record.

I finally was granted s/c for a claim started in 1994 that fell away when all information was given up and still denied back then.

Became employed for 16 years and the job owned me so the claim fell away. Now unemployed I decided to start up again. During the medical evaluation came to find out the VARO only reviewed the information at the base of injury.

And did not examine the treatment at the next two bases of assignment line of duty was established at two bases. Third base went all out in just getting me discharged ignoring my deteriorating health their goal was to get rid of me period.

With some discrepancies I was afforded s/c.

Now as I am trying to prepare a CUE I am being denied access to any in whole or part of my C-File.

Started requesting in March 14 told it is being digitized and I won't have any access to it. 511 pages I would like to check out but now I can't .

Anyone have ideas. Since I have attached my congressman my NYS DAV has to recuse himself.

Trouble is if my file isn't accessible how will they complete my claim for unemployability.

Backstrain to blown discs is what it has become.

I have decided I have had it with their game.

If you have had copy of your c-file given to you and your file has been digitally copied they no longer will provide you in person access where you and they used to go through your records and you used to sort out what you wanted copied since they are cutting down on paper. They will not allow a computer to display a veterans information. This I was told today's date June 18 14. They are more than happy to supplement c-file paperwork to add to it. Or if you want your file recopied a charge of 25 cents is accessed.per page of course. My DAV representative is swamped and the congress member I had can only do so much. I am trying to engage legal assistance now as my only recourse. Paying someone rather than asking for help may help me get the relief I seek.

This information was provided me by the Buffalo VARO NYS.

There is an app that costs about 7 dollars that turns your iPhone or ipad into a handheld scanner. I believe I also saw an app for android devices, as well. Google those and I'm sure they'll pop up.

I bought a scanner wand that also works on 8.5 x 11 inch sized paper, as well. I think I paid around $90, and I use it for other purposes. I don't know that the RO would allow hand scanning, but it's PDF format that can't be altered, so there's no reasonable excuse for not allowing it. If allowed, that would give you the copies you need without having to pay for photocopies. Might be worth a phone call or two to find out.