Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Misread Smr Notes

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

In my original denial for sleep apnea in 1992, the letter said by my own statement, I had sleep apnea all my life. They also alleged I did not appear for a C&P exam (which was scheduled after the denial date -- and I appeared.

C&P did not address sleep apnea, so I think they denied it bases on my alleged statement.

I had this reopened in 2012 and received my award letter last month. Basically, what happened was the treating doc was addressing two complaints -- sleep apnea and a rash on my chest. He wrote down notes about the OSA then asked me how long my left side had been larger than the right (to see if it had anything to do with the rash). I replied that I had that as long as I could remember.. And he wrote, "pt says has had all his life", then went back to talking about the sleep apnea.

I won by showing from family and buddy statements that I didn't have OSA early in service but did have the lopsided chest.

Seemed to me it was an honest mistake by the rater in reading my record... VSO agreed, but a doc recently suggested it might be a CUE. Any thoughts?

looks like a hole in the side plate of the trigger mech, whats the story on that RPG / thanks for sharing the picture.

I used the ASKNOD tactic and wrote OGC a letter after 49 days and no response from RO on my FOIA letter for copy of my c-file. Got the c-file in less than 2 weeks!

Now I have discovered that did not received complete c-file as requested, as denial letter quoted some evidence that was not in my records or copy of c-file, :sad: so another FOIA letter, will wait 20 business days and then do the OGC letter again.

OGC is the Office of General Counsel. They live at 810 Vermin Ave. NW Washington DC 20420.

As to the RPG-2? The owner and a loader were trying to arrange a beer summit between my pilot/me and God at a remote airfield called Muong Soui (Lima-108) west of the Plain of Jars in August 1970. I tagged him with a CAR 15 from about 160 yds. so we could take off without wearing a B-40. http://asknod.wordpress.com/2012/06/09/footlocker-dewat/ http://asknod.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/veterans-memorial-museum-chehalis-wa/

Edited by asknod

good thing u guys didnt have Barrett 50 cals., it would have ruined the RPG. :biggrin: