VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2 Social Security Numbers

Rate this question

kris

Question

When I recieved my 201 files the first time, I recieved 13 pages. My social security number had been hand changed by one number on all my pages but 2. Where a 8 had been typed it had been hand changed to a 6. I have sent for my 201 files 3 times, and each time I only get a few more pages. I do not understand why they can't just send me everything they have instead of a few more pages each time. My SSN on the new pages have been hand changed to from and 8 to a 6 also. In other words I am missing almost all my 201 files. I have requested that the personnel center go into the other persons files and see if my records are in his file, but they have told me that they can not do that.

And on my DD214 that I recieved from the personnel center which was different then the orginal one I got out with has under Authority and Reason:

Para 5-14 AR 635-200 SPD JBM which means that that I concealed an Arrest record before joining the military which is impossible never happened. However on my orders that released me from the military had LBK under authority and Reason. I did serve my full time and got out with an honorable.

What I am worried about is if I have the wrong SSN number and my records can't be found, I do not know how I am ever going to prove what I am trying to tell the VA.

The major reason for my first denial was because they could not find certain things in my medical records and in my personal files. The reason for lack of records is the wrong SSN.

How can I fix this. I did send in the paper work for to change my SSN and they did change it, but big deal thats now not then. Also I know they have more records on me because like I said the 3 times I have sent for my 201 files, I have gotten just a few more pages each time. What gives

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup. What Pete just said.

Get yourself an appointment to sit down and talk with the VA.

Get yourself a SO to represent you, there are a bunch to pick from. Probably be best to choose one whose office is in the VARO, or nearby. You gonna have to have someone to help you follow up on this.

I have a SO, all he said is that I must of really made someone mad to have them change my service number and to put what they did on my DD214's. I have 3 different DD214's all together. My orginal that I got out of the service with and 2 different ones in my 201 file. One of them is not even signed. I am just worried that these problems are going to mess my claim up more.

Just trying to find out how I can get my full 201 file, as I said I know there is more in my file, I have sent for it 3 different times and only get a few more pages each time. How is it that they will not send me what is in my file, it does belong to me right? And why just a few more pages each time I send in a request.

I have a SO, all he said is that I must of really made someone mad to have them change my service number and to put what they did on my DD214's. I have 3 different DD214's all together. My orginal that I got out of the service with and 2 different ones in my 201 file. One of them is not even signed. I am just worried that these problems are going to mess my claim up more.

Just trying to find out how I can get my full 201 file, as I said I know there is more in my file, I have sent for it 3 different times and only get a few more pages each time. How is it that they will not send me what is in my file, it does belong to me right? And why just a few more pages each time I send in a request.

Wait, I think I might be mixed up, I have a DAV guy I go see, is he different then a SO? Sorry!!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

DAV guy is your SO but what Larry was saying is that you need to go to the VARO and ask to see your C File. When you review it and you should it will be a chance to show someone that breates at the VA what the mistake is and maybe get it corrected.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup.

What Pete just said.

Get your SO at the DAV to go with you to the VARO.

You are going to need to file a request for your records under the Freedom of Information Act. I do not know how you have been handling your requests up until now, but you can download a FOIA form ( I even think that T-bird has posted one on here for download, if I'm not mistaken ).

Once they advise that your file is available for viewing, take your DAV dude with you, look through all the stuff, determine what is there, what is yours, what is not, and TELL the Veterans Affairs rep, right there, in the presence of your SO.

Take a list of what you think should be in your C-file (Claim File) with you, and let it be known that you have such a list, before you start going through your C-file. That way they can't think (or state) that you picked and chose what was really yours and what would serve your best interests, and left the rest, if you know what I mean............

Then, when you determine what is really yours in your C-file, then you figure out what ISN'T in your C-file that you need to "make your case", i.e. what is missing, then you get the VA to help you obtain these missing items. Tell 'em, right then and there, that you wish to invoke their assistance under the Veteran's Assistance guidelines...........let 'em know that you intend to be pro-active and that you are actually kinda aware of some of their own regs.

oh, yeah, somthin else..............good luck, bro.