VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Psychologist Very Rude And Cold!

Rate this question

DocNyger

Question

Hey fellow Vets and all, I have another issue I was hoping someone could help me with.....

I have been getting treatment from a VA contracted psychologist for a little over 2 years. My psychologist up and moved to Cali last month and I finally saw the new one today. She was very uninviting and at some point I felt like I was bothering her. Often I shake and just feel comfortable looking around to check my surroundings. The therapist would state things such as " why do you do that" and "the medicine doesn't make you do that." .. I felt like I was being questioned by the FBI... I could tell she didn't even read my file and she kelp saying I can't see your file. Well after everything was finished, she simply said " ok take this paper to the front desk to make an appointment and I'll see you in two months to check your medication". No thank you or by or nothing... I went to the front and told the secretary that I did not want to see that particular doctor again. Do you think I was over acting? What would you have done? Also I am thinking about try group therapy for PTSD from the VA... Has anyone experienced this type of therapy? Thank you in advance.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank all of you, it is very hard to switch in mid stream.. I really appreciated everyone's response, I just really hated that feeling... I felt the same way when I went to that Qtc C&P exam. ( the results were horrible) ... So just trying to follow my feelings!!!!

Thank all of you, it is very hard to switch in mid stream.. I really appreciated everyone's response, I just really hated that feeling... I felt the same way when I went to that Qtc C&P exam. ( the results were horrible) ... So just trying to follow my feelings!!!!

I know zactly what you are experiencing. When I sense something going in the wrong direction with VA I am usually right on the money. Gotta be careful it causes paranoia. It got to the point when I was watching a football game on TV when the team went into a huddle I thought they were talking about me.

my comp and pen was tragic the people that evaluate you are horrible, I was seeing a doc in florida for three years then I moved here to Mississippi and I have seen two different ones and I'm not comfortable with either one so for the moment I'm on my own