Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Recovery From Surgery

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Tomorrow marks one week since my angioplasty and already I see miracels. I have more energy and optimism. Also my heart beat at rest is now less than 80 and as low as 60. BP is also better looks like heart was working very hard for a long time. My intuition told me that over 100 all the time was not right. It also seems a lot easier to breath but I don't have an explanation for that.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

I was going through a process to be cleared for lap band surgery. It was determined by the stress test that I needed an angioplasty. Remember that an angioplasty starts out as a diagnostic test that injects dye into your arteries and than if they find a bockage they will use the ballon to fix it or even better the baloon and a stent.

I would not have taken the stress test unless my Doc had not been concerned probably my high blood pressure and pulse were a clue to a real Docotr.

So to answer your question John if you have a risk factor and other problems maybe you should look into checking it out. Keep in mind that I have been having EKG's that indicated past heart attacks, difficulty breathing, fast pulse usually over 100, and some other factors. So 2 EKG's and two electrocardigrams which indicated problems were over looked and not acted on and of course the stress test I had in Feb at VA that Doc said was ok but never looked at it is my guess. 90% blockagae does not appear over night.

As I type this post my BP was 128/68 and pulse is 78. Numbers I could not get with medication or xanax.

I am beginning to think that medicine is like the VA if you are not your own avocate there is no chance.