Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Win On Dmii Increase

Rate this topic

john999

• HadIt.com Elder

I went from 10% to 20% for my DMII due to my being put on oral meds for my DMII. I guess the next step is insulin but I hope I don't get there. Nobody in my family ever had DMII. I guess AO really does cause DMII. I had my doubts but I think it is true beyond just statistics.

John

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from 10% to 20% for my DMII due to my being put on oral meds for my DMII. I guess the next step is insulin but I hope I don't get there. Nobody in my family ever had DMII. I guess AO really does cause DMII. I had my doubts but I think it is true beyond just statistics.

John

John,

Any chance of this helping out for SMC/S ?

Editing to add :

Good job !

Guest t�e�r�r�y�s�t�u�r�g�i�s

John, I just started Insulin, no big deal. I do feel better with a 105 glucose reading vs the 175 fasting numbers I was getting. Real tiny needle once a day. I've been on medications for ten years and my control has been slipping sooo the change to insulin was in the cards.

If AO did not contribute to DMII the VA would not be sending me checks! Terry

• HadIt.com Elder

No SMC change, Carlie. Yes, I guess if AO did not cause DMII I would not be SC'ed for it and for three secondary conditions. I remember VA doctor saying I had nothing to worry about regarding DMII unless I gained about 100 lbs. I did not gain 100 lbs.

• HadIt.com Elder

I use insulin, once a day and I love it. My numbers are great. Everyone should try to get off metformin, as it takes it's toll on your kidneys. VA had me on 3000mg a day and the max daily dose is 2500mg. I'm down to 2000mg a day but want to get rid of the metformin, cuz it'll kill you in the end. Better to take insulin a couple times a day. The VA uses national protocols at all VA's and really don't care if they kill you or not. jmo

pr

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use