Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need To Know Already 100 Pt

Rate this topic

Archer

If rated by the VA at 100 pt and was rated at 0 when discharged how do I get dd214/15 showing new percent and honorable when old dd214 from discharg shows uncharacterized and 0 percent.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aall I can find is that the only way to change dd214 is to send in a request to the branch of service review board. I have a vso now in valdos ta he is waiting on my dd214 to be sent to me through the mail. Told me based off what that copy says he will know what needs to be done..

Said its similar to being rated 10 percent and being awarded 100 percent.

Unless you are medically retired I don't see anyway to have a DD214 changed. Being rated 100% P&T, by the VA, has nothing to do w/the DD214.

pr

I totally agree with PR. Why do you think you need to get your discharge changed? It must have been changed in order for VA to grant any type of service connection. Unless you need to add some missing service medals or something left off of your DD 214 and you have proof, it will be hard to get a DD 215. I was missing some service medals and it took over a year to get a DD 215 adding them.

I was trying to get the veteran stamp on my driver license was told that having uncharacterized I could not get the stamp in georgia and that my dd214 needed to state honorable. Well I am rated as 100 pt honorable as far as the va is concerned I just dont have that on my dd214... I will let my vso help me figure this out... I do have the letter from my rating decision stating I am granted 100 percent. On my download file off ebenefits it states honorable. I also have my wife on champva and post privalege letter stating i can use the commissary. I was originally given 0 percent and was labled condition not disability which was changed thanks to the medical evidence I have and the candp examiner and raters notes. I have access to those documents if needed I can post them. I am just trying to get some help on changing updating whatever be the correct phrase so I can get my stamp on my driver license. I even have my alabama tags on 3 of my vehicles..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use