• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need To Know Already 100 Pt

Rate this topic

Archer

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Georgia and after providing the DMV with a copy of my DD214, which indicated I had an "honorable discharge," the DMV provided me with a driver's license free of charge and the license indicates I am a military veteran. I am not aware of any other type of veteran's drivers license in Georgia.

I also provided my county tag office with a copy of the VA award letter certifying I had a 100% permanent and total disability rating. The county tag office provided me with one set of "Disabled Veteran" vehicle tags free of charge (no tag fee or ad valorem taxes) for one vehicle only. You can purchase additional DV tags for any additional vehicles you own.

So I have me and my wifes tan id cards that allow us commisary and exchange access turns out I cn use the cards at places like days inn for discounts and lowes..I didn't know that was all I needed as far as proofing... Hmm I get my veteran edical id card when I get seen at the outpatient center here in valdosta

Yes, and some restaurants will also give you a military discount with your ID card all year round but you have to ask the server when you order and they will check and I found out that most of the time they will and I give them the difference plus tip. When they say no, they get no tip and I don't go back. Sorry just being honest.

Pete

I feel the same way. I found that the one's that don't offer us a Military discount sometimes feel a little guilty once I'm done with them that they windup giving me the police discount.

Sometimes, I'll except it, and other times I won't, it all depends on their attitude.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use