Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With A & A Forms

Rate this question

gdsnide

Question

OK, Here's how it is.

I want to apply for A & A & read where there are agencies that do this sort of work.

If anyone can help me getting in touch with them I would sincerly appreciate it.

If a Lawyer can do this that's fine.

I can't seem to get in touch with Clark Evans the Lawyer I used on my comp claim so need some help here.

Any help sincerly appreciated,

Gary Schneider gdsnide@hotmail.com

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

OK, Here's how it is.

I want to apply for A & A & read where there are agencies that do this sort of work.

If anyone can help me getting in touch with them I would sincerly appreciate it.

If a Lawyer can do this that's fine.

I can't seem to get in touch with Clark Evans the Lawyer I used on my comp claim so need some help here.

Any help sincerly appreciated,

Gary Schneider gdsnide@hotmail.com

Why do you need a lawyer or an agency to fill out the form for A & A ? I simply took the application to my primary care doctor and he filled it in for me.It's a very simple form but needs the signature of a physician.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you just request A&A in writing and then the VA wil send you the forms you need to fill out. I think a doctor has to say you are housebound or need A&A if this is for you. I don't think it is a major legal thing. It is a claim, in fact, and you might have to go for a C&P exam. My buddy got housebound and all he did was fill out a form and have his doctor fill out his part. He was only TDIU at the time and the VA then made him 100% and awarded housebound which is a form of A&A. You basically have to prove that you are in need of A&A through medical evidence (an opinion from a doctor).

I think that the A&A From has to be filled out by a Doc.

this is an exerpt from the M-21 Manual-

Chapter 3. Special Monthly Pension (SMP) Ratings

1. Ratings for Aid and Attendance (A&A) Allowance

Introduction This topic contains information on ratings for the Aid and Attendance (A&A) allowance, including

• the criteria for entitlement to A&A

• the requirement for a single 100-percent evaluation

• action to take when there is no 100-percent evaluation or need for A&A shown

• when to infer a claim for A&A or Housebound benefits

• presuming the need for A&A when the veteran is in nursing home care, and

• when no rating decision is required to grant A&A.

Change Date December 13, 2005

a. Criteria for Entitlement to A&A Per 38 CFR 3.352(a), to be entitled to the Aid and Attendance (A&A) allowance, the veteran must be so helpless that he/she requires the aid of another person to perform the personal functions required in everyday living.

Per 38 CFR 3.351©(1), a veteran who has bilateral vision of 5/200 or less, or contraction of the central visual field to five degrees or less, is entitled to the A&A allowance without the requirement of additional findings.

Greater disability is required for entitlement to the additional allowance for regular A&A than for entitlement to the Housebound rate or for a basic 100-percent schedular evaluation.

Note: The need for A&A does not have to be permanent before the additional Special Monthly Pension (SMP) benefits can be awarded (VAOPGCPREC 21-94).

maybe this will help,if you need the form just ask an S.O.I was given the form at a meeting with the voc rehab counselor as there was also a texas vets S.O. present.Any doctor can fill it out,there is no requirement that it be filled by a VA doctor.