Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mri Results

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

I had a sit down with a neurologist to review my MRI about my neck problem and what he said sort of shocked me.

Currently 20% rated for "cervical strain" awarded back in 09. (They never did the MRI).

The imaging revealed degenerative disc disease with 2 herniated discs which are pinching a nerve which makes my left arm basically useless. Bone spurs too.

Except the nerve thing, same symptoms I've always had since injury so I'm thinking the VA misdiagnosed me. I just sort of dealt with it but after 2 months of pain meds I had enough.

Debating on asking for an increase but not sure how to go about it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just submit an FDC to have that condition Increased. No biggy bud, the evidence is there. You have nothing to lose to submit an FDC. I had a 0% for Testicular and 30% for PTSD. I submitted an FDC last Sep and now I am 40% Testicular, with SMC-K, and 70% for PTSD. I was denied on my Back, Neck, L Knee and R Shoulder last year when I was medically retired. The VA denied all this with no C&P exam. My VA Chiro Doc Requested MRIs and now I have DDD, Bulging Disc, whole in spine the size of a quarter, torn rotator cup, and damage to the left knee due to right knee. I reopened those claims, and now the VA Docs are going to see all the actual evidence at the C&Ps. You know what you are doing bud, just go ahead and submit the claim.

See how mild the va likes to try and make things... cervical strain. like you slept on too hard of a cot one night. I would submit a claim for DDD and possibly paralaysis of arm. dont let them call it what they want to call it. they try to call a turd a popsicle and hand it to you.

The current diagnosis/medical arm of the claim seems to be solid. I would confer with the physician about residuals from the ongoing injury/disease.

Once he states his expert opinion (supported by medical information) on residuals from the herniated discs, I would submit all medical information on any secondary issues associated. GOOD LUCK.

Thanks guys. Hopefully everything he said will be in the neurology report when I get it. He wanted to fuse it and I said no thanks. Going to go see some fancy lazer treatment doc instead and he didn't like that. Ha.

When you re talking about surgeries like that, he'll yeah I would get 2nd and 3rd opinions. Hopefully you have a good doc but I would make sure that surgery is the last resort. Although technology and medicine has come a long way, spine injuries and surgeries are exceedingly difficult and complex, and don't always yield the results we're looking for. JMO. Good luck.