Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim

Rate this question

raymondb50

Question

Currently I have a claim in for PTSD . I filed for this last November. I finally have my C and P scheduled for next Thursday. My question is, if I file for another claim ( fibromyalgia) now, will it slow down my process?

My VA doc told me to go ahead and file now.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I personally don't see a problem with it. It secures the effective date if you win.

Filing the new claim will slow down the processing of your PTSD claim. However, if you want to establish the earliest effective date for your fibromyalgia you should file without delay. This is a personal decision you have to make.

Filing the new claim will slow down the processing of your PTSD claim. However, if you want to establish the earliest effective date for your fibromyalgia you should file without delay. This is a personal decision you have to make.

Ditto.

File as soon as possible. Reserve your filing date and let the VA worry about the time line. Lastly, while waiting for claims to be completed, perfect your claims (good medical evidence and treatment notes).

Remember that you can always file a new claim or challenge anything with the VA. Just remember that most of the time it will prolong your original claim. Some Vets need funds or care urgently and take the Claims one at a time, others are willing to wait as long as it takes. God Bless and good luck