Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t Or Temp

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

Good afternoon my fellow vets,

Yet another question to be asked. How do you know if you received P&T or just Temp for your rating? Where exactly will it be located on your paperwork? I know that during my MEB process I got the Army's rating at 70% which said perm disability but nothing about P&T. Also when you are perm and total do you still have to have reviews every five years or so? As always I'm just a little confused by this whole retirement phase I'm in.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Military Medical retirement has nothing to do with VA. If your Military says permanent, then that means your branch will never review you, and you will always have your base access, Tricare, etc. As far as the VA you can look on your paperwork and it will say Permanent or Temporary, and if you are temporary it will list when you are up for review. I am 30% TDRL from the Navy, and 100% Temporary from the VA. I have an 18 month Review this month from the Navy, which should be switched to Permanent, I don't care either way about the Navy. As far as VA I should be Permanent and I will file soon for that. Good luck

Ok I looked mad cannot find a date anywhere in my paperwork or anything saying I'm or am not P&T weird. I did see on the Front of the VA paperwork is had a box that says future exam date None. But then on the last page it asked for final remarks and it stated 6th review for depression. I guess this is where the request for increase came into play because I know I never requested an increase myself. Already had my C&P exam last month and am currently at the pending decision stage. Has anyone heard of any such thing happening?

can you go into eBenefits and look at your VA download letters, look under benefits. If it is P& T it will says yes or no......hope that clarifies