VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cola

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I see that our cola is about 2% for the year so far. This is preposterous considering the cost of homeowners insurance,gas, electric, food, clothing, housing and all the rest. In my neighborhood where I have access to VA care and doctors who can help me I could not afford to buy my own house if it was on the market today. I feel under seige. My private medical insurance and Part B and homeowners insurance continue to climb. For anyone trying to live just on VA and SSA the prospects are dim. I have really pulled in my horns when it comes to spending and I am thinking how to make my money last. This is not what I had in mind ten years ago when I was making good money and had a 401K and a pension. Now I feel like a beggar/

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Since when has the current President let a little thing such as the law of the land stand in his way??? Especially since HE has a Congress that will rubber stamp any thing HE wants!!!!! I personally try to never say never. Kinda like saying the VA ALWAYS goes by the laws and regulations??????? We'll get our peanut raise, ( and I do THANK God for it!! ) but the Rubber Stamp, None Accountability, Do Nothing Congress will get how much COLA??

JJ Please believe me, I'm on your side. I think these colas suck too. I'm just trying to provide a service to you and all veterans on this site by giving accurate info based on fact! I know congress always gets a bigger increase than us, yes, I'm a disabled vet too! I resent the fact that congress' raise is based on a more favorable rate table. But I'm just the reporter, don't shoot the messenger. Fact is the president has not reduced the cola determined by BLS and cannot without enacting new law. I'm with ya brother. We should get higher raises than those who supposedly serve us! Stay strong!