Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Final Decision

Rate this question

Me1984

Question

Just an update my claim has closed as of today with a rating of 100% but I am still temp disabled with a new exam date of 15 August 2019 hopefully then they will see I need to be T&P at that time. I understand they want to see if I get better or not within that time. If they then try to low ball me appeal will then have to happen.

Overall I'm happy and excited. Oh another question I put in for UI can I still be granted if I'm only temp disability?

Just an update my claim has closed as of today with a rating of 100% but I am still temp disabled with a new exam date of 15 August 2019 hopefully then they will see I need to be T&P at that time. I understand they want to see if I get better or not within that time. If they then try to low ball me appeal will then have to happen.

Overall I'm happy and excited. Oh another question I put in for UI can I still be granted if I'm only temp disability?

The issue of IU will most likely be mentioned in the Rating Decision

and referred to as a moot issue, being that 100% was granted.

jmho

My C+P just came in recommending 100% as well. I'm also nervous about getting 100% temp. If I'm out of the work force that long will I be able to get a job in 5 years if downgraded when the review comes in?

Congratulations

My C+P just came in recommending 100% as well. I'm also nervous about getting 100% temp. If I'm out of the work force that long will I be able to get a job in 5 years if downgraded when the review comes in?

Personally I would not worry yet about 5 years down the road, except of course

your condition will most likely deteriorate more as time goes by.

Someone once told me that worry is like paying interest on a debt, that is not even due.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can appeal that denial of Chapter 35 benefits. By the time your claim is rated a year or two will have gone by and if no improvement then you are P&T. I did not wait five years for the VA to determine I was P&T after I got TDIU. You and spouse are missing big benefits in the meantime. Your P&T benefits are retro as well to appeal date. P&T means spousal benefits as well as benefits for children if they are starting college etc. and ChampVA.