VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Good News For Dependent Claims!

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

FYI:

Currently, the VA is undergoing a 30 day pilot program... If you are waiting to get your dependents added to your claim and your information is already in ebenefits you can participate in the program... Just call, 1-800-827-1000; press 1; press 7; press zero and speak with a rep.

The rep will put your dependant claim in manually. If, for some reason you don't get through, go in ebenefits and put in a NEW application for dependents. Yes, I know you already have one in there but they are working all new claims and then going back to retro pay you for what's already in ebenefits. Make sense?

So,for me, I opened a claim back in feb 2014. No movement. I called the 1-800 for a status update and the rep told me they had a pilot program. She transferred me. I put my claim in with someone over the phone. The date of my initial dependent claim is still in ebenefits so i am not losing retro pay. My claim has since moved and is in the hands of St. Louis rep. I'm told my dependents can be added in less than thirty days. That's great, right?

I don't know how much longer the pilot program will last because all this happened in the span of one week. last week. good luck!

I have been waiting for almost 4 years for my claim to get completed. Thirty days I call, and yes they did open another dependent claim through the Pilot Program, but as of yet, there are no signs of completion.

Thirty days, and in the Claim Received status, and the original claim is in the Pending Decision Approval.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use