Ebenefits- Claim Moving

SSG O

Question

• Is it possible for a claim to move from Claim received "Phased Completion Date: 12/13/13" then moved to Under Review "Phased Completion Date: 07/18/14" then Preparation For Decision "Phased Completion Date: 08/15/14" and on the same day move to Preparation For Notification "Phase Start Date 08/15/14"?
  • When will eBenefit upload Benefit Summary letter?
  • Does anyone know if St. Petersburg meeting quota?

Ebenefits is unpredictable. It just depends on when a particular regional office decides to update your claim status. My last claim showed "gathering evidence" for several months then went to "preparation for decision" one day and the next day the status was listed as "preparation for notification." About ten days later, my retro showed up in my direct deposit account and my AB8 & AB3 letters showed up on ebenefits. A few days later I received my official notification in the mail. Different people have had different experiences with ebenefits but most will probably agree that you never know what to expect with ebenefits.

Good luck.

gorgiapapa thank you for the response. I just wish that a tool develop for Veterans would have more info and access, and the 1800 is useless.

There are too many layers of bureaucracy in the VA disability claims process. In my opinion, the biggest problem with the VA disability claims system is communication or the inability to communicate with a live person who has immediate access to your file and the ability to answer any questions (without reading scripted responses) you may have regarding your claim. This would resolve so many problems that currently exist.

• Like 2

you are correct on that statement. Why is it when in uniform you could call any office and speak with a Soldier/Airmen/Sailor/Marine and can get a response to a question and even get more info wanted if you built a rappor. You call the 1800 number and you get someone from another state who may have never had served read a pre-scripted response. It's frustrating that you cannot even get a number to the regional office.