Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nods... Notice Of Disagreements

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

I would agree on some points. If you do use the DBQ, your private physician MUST write a nexus letter to correlate your injuries/illnesses to military service. Some primary care docs shy from this, however, a letter like this from a long time treating physician is worth 10 x's it's weight in gold. Also a statement to the effect that this physicians has reviewed your military records and is familiar with you health issues would make it more solid. JMHO

So this is what ebenefits is saying about my NOD. I hope they don't count from the date the statement of the case was submitted. I can't wait that long for this to come through. I didn't elect a VSO for this. Do you think I should select one or just let it go and wait?

Details about your BVA Appeal received on no date
  • Current Progress:no data
  • Current Progress Description:

Timeline of Your Appeal
Date of Progress Progress Progress Office 11/15/2011 Local VA Office Decision RO 11/23/2011 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 11/23/2011 Appeal Pending RO 12/12/2012 Statement of the Case (SOC) RO 01/03/2013 Substantive Appeal (Form 9) RO Show Fewer Items

Thadine,

Mine says the same thing, and I filed mine back in February of this year. eBenefits isn't that trustworthy on the timeliness of their updates. I just plod on ahead and send evidence if requested, or if I obtain something new. I also ended up opening up a new claim after I received my C-File and was finally able to review it. That keeps me busy while the NOD slowly pushes on. If you get evidence, make sure you get it to the VA as soon as possible to ensure that it is weighed in on during the DRO process. I may be paranoid, but I send it to them at the Evidence Intake Center, via U.S. Mail, and also fax the same copies to them at the same location. I also mail it to the VARO, and upload a copy into eBenefits as well. Kind of a shotgun blast approach I suppose, but I just want to make sure that they have the evidence available, and more importantly, cannot say that they did no receive it. (Certified mail green cards are always a solid way to keep proof that it was sent, just like the fax receipt, or printing the upload confirmation from eBenefits. Always keep your proof.) Have a great week.

Mark

No. The whole in triplicate approach is a good idea. It's a sure way to shoot down the whole 'we didn't receive any evidence" cop outs. Or we didn't receive a timely appeal. I faxed mine, mailed it regular mail and did a seperate registered return receipt copy. Overkill, eh maybe so. But they can't use the line we didn't receive it or didn't receive a timely appeal.

Edited by arng11

Thanks Mark - I'm making a note of your message and checking it twice because I am truly going to fall apart if I reach the 5 year mark and they deny me. Seriously! Thank you - this is a great information.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use