Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nods... Notice Of Disagreements

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

Thanks Mark - I'm making a note of your message and checking it twice because I am truly going to fall apart if I reach the 5 year mark and they deny me. Seriously! Thank you - this is a great information.

hold together, keep the line up. Show your resiliance because they, the VA, will try to wear you down.

Thadine: I just had a successful DRO Hearing 6/27/14 from an original NOD filed in 09/2010. I see you filed your NOD 11/2011, did you Request DRO review with a personal hearing or did you opt for BVA Court? I think DRO Reviews with personal Hearing are taking about 21/2 yr now. A Nam Vet friend of mine waited to the 11th month, to file his NOD. Then he allowed a VSO to file the NOD and request the DRO Review with a hearing. Problem came to light about 14 mos later, received a DRO Denial letter and a Statement Of Case. Never got the hearing only DRO Review and he never sent in the "Mandatory" New evidence. He says he planned to present it at his hearing, not a good plan. Turns out, there is no record of the personal hearing request, only the DRO Review. The DRO reviewed his C-File without benefit of new evidence and Denied his appeal. Next step is VBA Court, at least a 2-3 yr wait.

I guess the answer to your appeal timeline, really depends on what you asked for. DRO Review with hearing 21/2yr give or take or BVA Court 3-5yrs depending on any remans. Hope things work out for you.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Gastone, thanks for the response... Wow! Lots to think about. I just asked the case to be reviewed based on the evidence submitted and included with the statement 9. I didn't ask for a DRO review or anything.

I don't know. It's a shoulder and back injury I received in basic training. Went to sick call a couple of times but that's it. The pain just never seemed to go away so I’m seeking service connected. I guess i just have to keep pushing forward and hurry up and wait. What will be, WILL BE, right?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use