VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed A Benefits Delivery Before Discharge, Seems To Be Working...

Rate this question

Warone

Question

Hi everyone, I've been away from this forum for a while but wanted to say thanks for the help, support and information I gained by reading the quality responses and about others experiences.

I filed for a BDD at exactly the 6 month before retirement day. I'm at the 3 month mark and recieved a call from QTC medical services on Monday and during that one single phone call, the lady told me she had me scheduled the same week for all of my C&P exams... starting on the 21st of Aug 2014. Wow, within the next week I'll get a hearing, x-rays/MRI, Mental Health, eyes, and a few others completed. She told me because I had field a BDD, that my claim was going to be accelerated.

Anyone else experience this same situation?

Also, all of the examiners are within 30 miles of where I live. Wish me luck... Seems like the VA scandals recently may be helping to push the claims through?

3 months to go until retirement... Woohoo!!!!

It must be TDIU rather than 100%. 70% +50%=85; 85% + 20%= 88%; 88% +10% =89%; 89% +10% = 90%: 90% + 10%=91%; and 91% +10% = 92% which rounds down to 90%. Good deal though. 90% on the first outing is very impressive. Congratulations.

Edited by asknod

thanks everyone, I certainly don't know the lingo but I am curious, about what my letter says.

(PTSD)(combined into one)( with Anxiety, Depression and Sleep Disorders)

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

Will I have to take more exams in the future?

Should I also apply for what ever the Social Security benefit is?

Is there anything else that I need to do?

- and asknod your math is exactly right. 92%, I assume the PTSD was the big one that pushed it over. Geez, I was so burned out at the end of my military service, but anyway, thanks to God for the decent mental health services US military has started fielding. I know it helped me out of the lowly place is was in, and of course I'm still working out these problems. I guess the raters assume I'll be seeking mental health help for the rest of my days, and they're right.

Edited by Warone