VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Per Ig, No Deaths By Va?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/08/25/va-delays-not-linked-to-veteran-deaths.html

The VA IG says there were no deaths due to lack of timely appointments at Phoenix.

I think this is BS pure and simple and mentioned when the Phoenix incident happened that I felt these family members were going to need IMOs.

I also think this has something to so with the VHA re -organization news I put under VA scandals today.

Since when do VA IG inspectors have the credentials to opine on medical issues?

This is dejavu for me because I feared the VA would say to their survivors , since many of these vets were elderly, that they would have died anyway.

The VA OGC tried to pull that on me too, when I filed FTCA wrongful death ,and that idea didn't work for the VA. .

I hope the family members continue with their claims. This is BS.

And of course the public doesn't know about the hidden stats of deaths documented under 1151 and FTCA that VA has caused.

Parts of the IG report I posted about above was leaked apparently but will come out in total tomorrow....Fox news is on it already and so is whistleblower Dr. Foote., who gave testimony to Congress and named specific vets in it ,whose wait times at Phoenix VAMC , definitely impacted on their lives ...he gave 62 names I think.

(yet net scuttlebutt says IG leaked report says there were no specific veterans specifically identified as having died to the the waiting times at Phoenix)

The President is addressing the AL I think,on Fox right now....touting how great the VA is and I thought he would mention the IG report but he really cant...he doesn't have it yet.......

and unless the actual; report is different from what has been leaked today, it will cause MORE problems for VA.

VAOIG released the whole report at 2 PM today:

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-14-02603-267.pdf

A long one, 143 pages......

sometimes those cockroaches will leak things on purpose just to see what the reaction will be.. If the shit floats they spread more. If it dont then they deny they ever said it. kind of like a propaganda dissemination mission. pathetic.

• In Memoriam

What is pretty SOP on these reports is that most of these cases would have another side, but the report will not even discuss that. The VAIOG report is accepted as the final judgement on each individual report.

At the time of the Veterans death it is unlikely that survivors are going to shell out the money or be in a condition to find evidence for a real determination or even have the knowledge that they would need to do this.

I am not too happy with the result of these reports.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

bs+at+work.jpg

OIG is just another pork barrel program, that is a waste of time and money that is all part of the horse and pony show that the VA conjured up to make it seem as if there are checks and balances and an effiecient use of resources. Its all a charade. The OIG does nt want to find problems because in the big scheme of things, it makes the commander in chief , the president look bad, because ultimately its his baby. So it becomes a system where everyone is lying and everyone knows everyone is lying, but political factors keep them from acknowledging these things.. Veterans vote. The buck stops at the commander in chiefs desk, so if OIG announces how truly shitty the VA is, they get chastized. Kind of like the rich bosses little delinquent son, everybody knows he is a little spoiled , evil rascal, but nobody wants to go complain to the boss, because its his son.

Edited by 63SIERRA