Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Per Ig, No Deaths By Va?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/08/25/va-delays-not-linked-to-veteran-deaths.html

The VA IG says there were no deaths due to lack of timely appointments at Phoenix.

I think this is BS pure and simple and mentioned when the Phoenix incident happened that I felt these family members were going to need IMOs.

I also think this has something to so with the VHA re -organization news I put under VA scandals today.

Since when do VA IG inspectors have the credentials to opine on medical issues?

This is dejavu for me because I feared the VA would say to their survivors , since many of these vets were elderly, that they would have died anyway.

The VA OGC tried to pull that on me too, when I filed FTCA wrongful death ,and that idea didn't work for the VA. .

I hope the family members continue with their claims. This is BS.

And of course the public doesn't know about the hidden stats of deaths documented under 1151 and FTCA that VA has caused.

Like 63 is saying, the VA is a bureaucracy in the worst sense of the word.

You remember in military we knew about IG inspections weeks/months ahead of time so we could hide people/vehicles/whatever that they really didn't wanna know about yadda yadda.

Congress doesn't Want to know - it is part of the dog & pony show.

I was sad the media ran with the 'quantity of deaths' angle when that wasn't really the issue for me. What concerns me most is the decreased Quality of Life many vets experience at the VA.

I have had some excellent treatment by caring professionals but have also had cancer misdiagnosed and then near Begged for months to get surgery scheduled when it Was diagnosed, resulting in much larger chunks cut out of me than necessary.

Some veterans run into this and choose to suffer in silence rather than deal with the indignities of the VA like surly staff, substandard/inept treatment etc etc etc

The original whistleblower calls BS on this report but rolling heads is no satisfaction for vets with medical/psychological needs; we just want HELP!