Poa Revocation Sample Letter

USMC2311

Question

Does anyone have a POA Revocation Sample Letter that I may review? Looking to revoke my DAV representation.

Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

Send DAV & Your VARO/DVA stating as of this date you are revoking POA with your SS#. Inform DVA to in letter to place a copy in your C-file. If you are going to not use another VSO state you are now pro se. US mail certified signature required return receipt. That's basically all you need to write.

Ask for written confirmation that it has actually been revoked.

I tried repeatedly over years and the VA computer still shows a VSO.

eBenefits has an option to check your VSO but it doesn't work for me.

When I did my letter I sent it to the VA Regional Office and within ten days I got a letter from them stating the Revocation of POA! I didn't send one to the POA and have been POA free for two years now and doing my advocacy!

ONE way to revoke your VSO's POA is to hire an attorney. It has been pointed out that VSO's are compensated for POA's. This is why the DAV, and VFW head honchos earn 300 grand a year working mostly with unemployed Veterans who get, on average, about 10,000 per year after they finally get their benefits. If you look at the charter of the VSO's you need to understand they swore to "cooperate with the VA".

If you hire an attorney, the attorney does not sign anything that says he will cooperate with your adversary. (Of course, people who have been through this are not buying VA baloney that this is a non adversarial system...if it were non adversarial, and VA was on our side, why would an appeal be necessary..if VA was on your side, you would have already gotten benefits). So, the guy who represents you (your Veterans service officer) actually represents your adversary.

VA LOVES VSO's, and hates attorneys. Why? Because they can manipulate the VSO, (remember, the VSO must cooperate with VA), but can not manipulate your attorney, because your attorney is getting paid by you, not VA.

broncovet,

In my decision to revoke my DAV Rep, I will definitely take your comments into consideration. And to everyone else, many thanks!

This confirms my decision to revoke my POA.

I cannot believe the e-mail I received this morning from the DAV. Finally the DAV responds to my questions by e-mail and they also stated that the VA received my NOD for tinnitus. WHAT THE HECK! I stated back to them that I never filed for tinnitus and requested that they confirm if this is what they are seeing in the system under my name. I am sure it is an error on DAV, since I did receive written notification from the VA acknowledging receipt of my NOD for Ankle-post open fixation and Shoulder-limitation of motion on 22 July.

Thankfully I sent my written letter to DAV and VA to revoke my POA yesterday in the mail (certified/return receipt).