Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meeting Va Traveling Board Judge Next Month

Rate this question

chiefhouse00

Question

Greetings

I will meet the VA Traveling Board Judge next month for the following contentions:

- LEFT ARM NEUROPATHY DUE TO EXPOSURE TO AGENT ORANGE HERBICIDE
- DIABETES MELLITUS TYPE II DUE TO EXPOSURE TO AGENT ORANGE HERBICIDE
- BILATERAL BIG TOE CONDITION
- LOW BACK PAIN WITH MILD DEGENERATIVE CHANGES
- LEFT LOWER EXTREMITY RADICULOPATHY
- RIGHT LOWER EXTREMITY RADICULOPATHY
- CHRONIC ARTHRITIS
- ISCHEMIC STROKES AND SEIZURES

How should I prepare for this once-in-a-life time meeting...I've wait nearly four years for this day. Please provide some pointers because I want to win my case. Thanks

Best Regards
Chiefhouse

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Greetings

All of the advice and encouragement I receive from you will help me better prepare for the upcoming board. Everything is factual and well documented. I appreciate everyone for taking the time to provide their support. Thanks

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Greetings

All of the advice and encouragement I receive from you will help me better prepare for the upcoming board. Everything is factual and well documented. I appreciate everyone for taking the time to provide their support. Thanks

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

cheifhouse, this was not meant for you it was for the other poster that didn't have anything to say but praise

another one comment , We need posting from members to add to the conversation that has meaning to what is

being discuss. Hollis said it well you have gotten great advice no names call. Simple as that. I apologize but it was

not meant at you sir. YA'LL have a great holiday I am celebrating today. hash, rice ,hog, ribs, and a cold glass of ice tea. RU

Greetings

To all, I do have one thing that I want to bring up during my VA Traveling Board Meeting and please let me know if I'm going around it in the right way. During my C&P, the examiner stated that I was first diagnose with Diabetes Type ll in 2006 but it was only back dated to 2008 as Diabetes Type l. Yes, I was misdiagnosed. In addition to requesting an increase for "regulation of activities and diabetic ketoacidosis," I plan to request that my Diabetes effective date be changed to 2006. Any recommendations?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Greetings

To all, I do have one thing that I want to bring up during my VA Traveling Board Meeting and please let me know if I'm going around it in the right way. During my C&P, the examiner stated that I was first diagnose with Diabetes Type ll in 2006 but it was only back dated to 2008 as Diabetes Type l. Yes, I was misdiagnosed. In addition to requesting an increase for "regulation of activities and diabetic ketoacidosis," I plan to request that my Diabetes effective date be changed to 2006. Any recommendations?

Best Regards

Chiefhouse

Chief,

Sure you can try and bring this issue up at the hearing but keep in mind,

the hearings are to hash out issues that have already been adjudicated

and disagreed with -

In other words the DRO could rule on it, but most times they will say something like

that issue is not under my jurisdiction for this hearing.

I would still at least bring it up and have it be part of the record.

I think in doing this, someone at VBA should take a look at it but no way to know

if or when that might happen.

jmho

As I recall, (and I sure could be wrong) you are a Thailand vet?

I also think I posted the Thailand regs here for you some time ago......

If you fall into those regs as to timeframe and via your MOS, (I think this is why you were denied (but I forget)

bring the Thailand regs and directive (available here and at the VA web site) with you.

If you have proof of any stop over in Vietnam or any buddy statements, anything VA has not seen yet, bring that with you.

Also hopefully either your rep or a friend or family member could go with you.

Sometimes it is a good idea to have your evidence on a list (with a copy for the judge) and have it easily accessible in well marked folders that someone can hold and hand to you as needed.

But I dont think your issue is having these disabilities rated properly, it is the proof of your AO exposure.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many years ago we had a USAF vet here going before a BCMR hearing.....she was very nervous but had great evidence and was able to bring a Marine Corp vet with her
to hold her folders and hand her the ones she needed without her having to fumble around.....

In those days my contact info was here and she called me and I gave her a pep talk. I said to pretend the BCMR person forgot to put on their underwear that day, so they were far more uncomfortable than she was....and that would give her an advantage....then I said to maintain her self confidence that she always showed here on the board over her case.
We went over the evidence briefly but she sure had it down real good. Then I told her to make sure she planned something nice for herself for after the hearing.... a good meal, or get together with friends,renting a good video ( this was many years ago pre DVDs) whatever...and focus on that reward before the hearing,instead of getting anxious about the unknown.....

and the hearing went quite well !!!!!...she felt elated that it was over, and she got an upgrade to her bad paper discharge!

BCMR stuff can be far worse on the nerves then any type of VA or BVA hearing in my opinion..... but then again, these are just people like all of us are, and we should not get
too anxious because that is when we might forget something critical.......

In the almost a decade I have been with Jerrel Cook our radio show producer, I found that rehearsing for my interviews and taping them on my PC,for those older shows at a different station, prior to the shows ,gave me a chance to see if I was speaking clearly and making my point well.

I have had to speak publically a few times for different reasons off the air ( actually did the other night before 50-60 people) and this tactic I think would help anyone having a hearing at the BVA.

I had three important points to make, and had limited time to make them.,without using notes, so I rehearsed a few times what I wanted to cover so I would not forget anything....

And once you rehearse key points a few times, they will feel spontaneous when the hearing occurs.