VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thought Dbq's Were Supposed To Eliminate Need For C&p Exams

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

Hi everyone. Haven't been here in so long. Haven't been online in a long time - just not up to much of anything these days. Funny how you think you'll be okay and start living "someday" but then you look up and "someday" was two years ago...

So about the DBQ's. I thought if we got doctors to fill them out and submitted them, we'd be doing the VA a huge favor and saving them the cost of providing C&P exams.

At least that was what my VSO thought and when I filed my claim for an increase to my rating for my feet, and to SC my irritable bowel as secondary to PTSD, I had my doctors fill out DBQ's. They faxed copies to the VARO and also gave me copies for my files.

Yesterday I got a call from the VAMC (72 miles away) telling me that I have a two-hour C&P scheduled for next week. I'm very grateful that I was near the phone and picked it up.

I'm a nervous wreck about it already. I'm not good at going to the big hospital (panic attack land for me) and well....

Writing this has helped. I know I'm very lucky to have been scheduled, and even luckier that I happened to answer the phone so that I know about it. Also, I will have copies of the DBQ's in my hand to give the examiner. That's a good thing, right?

Thanks, Hadit, for being my sounding board!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I would definitely take your DBQs and any other documentation you have supporting your contentions. During my last C & P, the NP conducting the C & P exam used info from my records to answer the C & P questions on her computer.

Good luck to you.

Dbq can't keep up with rules and regulation changes. I've found most always miss something. For instance. Mitchell criteria.

- Mitchell v. Shinseki, 25 Vet. App. 32 (2011) reinforced that painful motion is the equivalent of limited motion only based on the specific language and structure of DC 5003, not for the purpose of DC 5260 and 5261. For arthritis, if one motion is actually compensable under its 52XX-series DC, then a 10 percent rating under DC 5003 is not available and the complementary motion cannot be treated as limited at the point where it is painful.

Most of the time the dbqs for the joints are the most incorrectly filled out. Jmho

Another example is a lot if times on cardio. The drs don't put the METS levels or check congestive heart failure.

Hi everyone. Haven't been here in so long. Haven't been online in a long time - just not up to much of anything these days. Funny how you think you'll be okay and start living "someday" but then you look up and "someday" was two years ago...

So about the DBQ's. I thought if we got doctors to fill them out and submitted them, we'd be doing the VA a huge favor and saving them the cost of providing C&P exams.

At least that was what my VSO thought and when I filed my claim for an increase to my rating for my feet, and to SC my irritable bowel as secondary to PTSD, I had my doctors fill out DBQ's. They faxed copies to the VARO and also gave me copies for my files.

Yesterday I got a call from the VAMC (72 miles away) telling me that I have a two-hour C&P scheduled for next week. I'm very grateful that I was near the phone and picked it up.

I'm a nervous wreck about it already. I'm not good at going to the big hospital (panic attack land for me) and well....

Writing this has helped. I know I'm very lucky to have been scheduled, and even luckier that I happened to answer the phone so that I know about it. Also, I will have copies of the DBQ's in my hand to give the examiner. That's a good thing, right?

Thanks, Hadit, for being my sounding board!

Welcome back.

If the DBQ's have positive evidence in your favor - personally,

by all means, I would take copies of them to leave with the examiner/s.

jmho

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If the DBQ's had checkboxes for determining SC, it could save a lot of heartburn.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement, and the open arms.

You know how it is when you haven't been around for a long time, and then it feels like you've been letting people down, then you feel awful about it, and don't know how to say you're sorry for being silent, and more time goes by, then more time goes by and you feel even worse and more stupid....

Kinda gets you tongue-tied.

I'm bringing my DBQ copies for sure. I submitted the release forms for the VA to obtain copies of my records from my doctors. Am I the only one who hits a wall when asking for records to be released directly to me?

I went to my podiatrist last week and she wrote up a statement for me to hand the examiner to go along with the DBQ she did before. She's wonderful.

Thanks again...