Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unexpected Success

Rate this topic

richmc

• 3 months later...

Richmc: Show U the Money! If you haven't already done so, not unusual, get educated regarding VA IU. You aren't Scheduler yet, but getting close. If your "earned income" is in the area of $12,500 or so, let the VA know that your SC is causing you problems working and earning above the VA Substantial Gainful Employment Earnings.

Srisaata has it right. Your not a Dr or VA Rater. You file the claim, the C&P does his/her magic act and then it's up to the rater to determine what is possibly Secondary to a SC condition. When you file the claim the VA is supposed to consider any claim filed as a request for compensation for any and all possible SC condition or secondary or aggravated by SC condition that you might have. As any "New & Material Medical Evidence" becomes available, get it in to the VA. This N&M Evidence should trigger the VA required Review of your open Award/Denial by a Sr VA Rater or DRO. If it doesn't get you an increase, you'll receive a Supplemental Statement of Case.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Gastone,

Thanks for the info given above. I recently filed for secondary conditions. I guess since I am 100%, but I always fight to get new conditions SC, that I never thought until recently to file for secondary conditions. For example, my Crohn's Disease has several secondary issues, like severe rectal bleeding, nausea, cramping etc. Thanks again

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use