New Claims App From Va

Berta

Question

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2634

In part:
"September 24, 2014

New Process Will Reduce Processing Times and Improve Quality

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) today announced that it is introducing a uniformed disability claims form to better serve Veterans, families and survivors. Standardizing the process by which Veterans file claims and initiate appeals will make it easier for Veterans and their survivors to clearly state what benefits they are seeking from VA and provide information that is necessary to process their claims and appeals. The new forms eliminate applicant guesswork, which often leads to delays in decisions and ultimately delays in receiving benefits. The new regulations go into effect in late March 2015.

“We must do everything that we can to make it as fast and easy as possible for Veterans and their survivors to file for and receive an accurate decision on their claim,” said VA Secretary Robert McDonald. “Our Veterans and survivors will know, at the outset of the claims process, what is needed, which removes subjective interpretation from the process. We want to eliminate any barriers that make it difficult for our Veterans or survivors to receive benefits to which they are entitled.”

10 answers to this question

BTW...the VA link above has some free downloads for viewers which is great!

I had my PC updated recently but the PC man gave me Wordpad and I lost my Microsoft Word...all my files were still there but Wordpad does not always open graphics from M21 pages.

I think they have a freeby for Power Point too and that is also great because I need to prepare a Power Point presentation soon.

My last AMU prof insisted on a Power point homework assignment.I was only civilian in the class but we had open online discussions and many of the enlisted students griped about it.Most of us had never used Power Point before.

But once you learn it, it is so much fun!

Boy , I got a freeby Microsoft Word program from the VA. They had Adobes there too., Excel etc etc....

My PC man said to be very careful of downloading some free programs on the net as many contain viruses.

So far no bad hits on my security stuff.

Edited by Berta (see edit history)

Thanks for the info Berta.

Thanks Toddt for the Apache link.

I was at the BVA site this AM and asked to fill out a survey and didnt have time....but I usually fill them out because the BVA web site is really good,.and has improved over the years. Next time the VA site survey pops up ,I will thank them for those free viewers.

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

I was recently called and asked to survey my last interaction with VA phone person. I was surprised the caller identified as JD Powers. I have been going to VA for 23 years and this is the first time I have had input.

The survey was limited to my interaction with the call center but also fairly deep. I did offer opinions about the VA.

That's interesting J.D. Power is a consumer rating agency. Wonder if the VA has hired them.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Deja Vu! Somehow, it seems like we have heard them say this before!

Let's see if this ends up being a lot of hot air...