VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Previous Employer Huh?

Rate this question

asheth007

Question

My DVA told me that when I fill out the IU paperwork that I need to put my previous employers on there and that it goes back 5 years. Well my previous employer is the Army for 15 years. I tell him this and he says that there needs to be at least 1 more employer so when I was 19? Does this sound right? I don't want to hang anything up and put my job 15 years ago before the army and the VA sitting around waiting for something that never comes back or maybe they think I'm lying when they tell them they never heard of me before.

5 answers to this question

You might also consider breaking down your periods of employment according to rank or duty station changes.

As your rank changed you would have different duties and responsibilities. When your duty station changed, especially when going to a combat zone, your mission may have changed.

If you went from being a student to the military, show your status as a student in one of the sections for employment. JMO

Good luck to you.

You might also consider breaking down your periods of employment according to rank or duty station changes.

As your rank changed you would have different duties and responsibilities. When your duty station changed, especially when going to a combat zone, your mission may have changed.

If you went from being a student to the military, show your status as a student in one of the sections for employment. JMO

Good luck to you.

Thank you all for the advice I filled the forms out partially and I'll be turning it on Monday more than likely. Ill make sure I talk with another DVA to get her opinion before I submit the claim. It just seems so silly really if the criteria is 5 years back then it should be just one employer if I was in the military for 15 years.

The DVA I have already talked to about IU said that a guy came in filed for IU and VA denied him because he didn't have employment history but he did he was in the Army for 20 years but that was his only employer. The DVA said that he wrote back to the VA and told them that they needed to right a letter explaining to the Vet why he was denied so they went ahead and granted him IU about 2 months later.

Edited by asheth007

• HadIt.com Elder

asheth007

If your 60% SC and your disability keeps you from working or being gainfully employed and you can prove it I don't see why they don't grant your TDIU?.....I would think if a Veteran don't have a work record that that's more as evidence for you?(Because your not working)

Go check with the SSA you can get your work record) if a person can't work then there's no history there!

if your active service was all you had before you became disable they need to take that into consideration.

if your not 60% ask for an increase due to your disability has got worse, if you show them it has and have IMO'S to prove it then they should rate you to 100% TDIU.. if you get denied ask for a DRO Hearing at your RO. Sometimes I think its just what kind of mood there in

Just my Opinion

Good Luck! I hope you Win just hang in there

Edited by britton