Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request C-File

Rate this question

nukeum

Question

Hi I am fairly new here and was wondering, i saw in several places where people had requested copies of their c-file how does one go about this (I do not have a VSO, will not have one, been screwed over by everyone i have ever had) I have been going at it alone pretty successfully to this point at present I have a NOD filed since Sept 2013 at the Phoenix VARO requested a DRO review of the file. So i guess mu question is this

1. how do you FOIA your C-File

2. Will it interfere with the NOD i presently have in process? if so I would rather wait then interfere with the NOD'

Thank you

-Nukeum

-nukeum

SSDI
Total Award 100%

40% multi-level degenerative joint disease thoracolumbar spine, status post diskectomy at T11-T12 with scar (previously rated as status post diskectomy at T11-T12 with scar; scoliosis and limitation of motion of the thoracic-lumbar spine)

100% BiPolar Disorder Due to above

30% dysthemic disorder claimed as depression, concentration and memory problems secondary to medication
20% radiculopathy left lower extremity
20% radiculopathy right lower extremity
20% recurrent left ankle sprain with pitting edema
10% an undiagnosed illness manifested by headaches

I jsut got the letter stating my case number for the request. This is actually through the Records center and not from the one i sent after to the claims center after i heard not to send the requests to the records center anymore. anyways either way the foia request for the cfile has started and is showing in ebenefits.

\

will update this thread once i get it. keep an eye out in 2016!

Edited by USMC_VET

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

USMC_Vet, how long did it take to get a letter from the Records Management Center?

When (date) did you originally request you records?

I sent in the request June 4 I believe and i got the letter on...thursday or friday (6/25 or 6/26). What is weird is that i never received the return receipt from them.

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

I sent in the request June 4 I believe and i got the letter on...thursday or friday (6/25 or 6/26). What is weird is that i never received the return receipt from them.

Most of my return receipt green cards have taken an average of 2 weeks to get back to me. That is, two weeks after they get it, not after I first mailed it.

Most of my return receipt green cards have taken an average of 2 weeks to get back to me. That is, two weeks after they get it, not after I first mailed it.

thanks for that, maybe they are still on their way. i just found it strange the FOIA requests ot HQ USMC were back within a week and the others are sitting at 3 weeks now

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back