Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Tdiu Granted In 6 Months...

Rate this topic

AJ's Pain

Great news yesterday, My claim for increase and TDIU was granted. I am truly shocked at how quickly the WI VA moved on this one. I have been service connected at 30% for 5 years and until last April, I was doing really well. In April I had a major breakdown, couldn't drive anymore, forget to eat and couldn't take my own meds. Of course, I could not longer work either. We put in a claim for an increase with a Hardship and within 4 months I was grated 80% SC. We then immediately filed for TDIU and for 6 weeks they lost my claim. But as soon as they realized their error they rushed it through and 3 weeks letter I am just waiting on the decision packet in the mail. My VSO told me it had all been approved. This was so fast and my VSO and Drs did most of the work for me(I couldn't even think straight). They also helped my wife get VA Caregiver status as she has to stay home and care for me at this time.

There are good VA's out there that really care and try to help. I just wanted to share the good news. I also realize that I am extremely lucky that it went this way for me, I have read all of the horror stories and I was scared to death I would not receive the help I needed. I love this forum and all of the wonderful info one here. Thanks for being here for me, even I wasn't involved all that often.

AJ

Yes, great news...and there ARE plenty of people at VA who do the right thing.

But they work side by side with incompetents.

Have you applied for SSDI?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use