Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Tdiu Granted In 6 Months...

Rate this topic

AJ's Pain

Thanks everyone and I am so grateful for sites such as these.

@ Berta-No I do not plan on applying, at least not yet. This is a Temp rating until Oct 2019. I am really hoping to get better and be able to go back to work. I am so thankful for the money and help while I am really sick but I made a lot more money at my job. I am only 35, almost finished with my Masters with 2 daughters that I would like to help put through college. I know that if you become P & T they will help your kids with college but I haven't thought about this.

This breakdown and physical problems feel as if they snuck up on me, if you know what I mean? I went for years on very little meds and was doing great and then......BAM. Everything fell apart and it was like I was back at the beginning. So I am still hoping for a recovery but I know if that is not in the cards, I will file for SSI. Thank you guys and I hope many others will get good news today!

AJ

AJ: The VA claims system can and does work quite often. I think it all comes down to Quality Evidence and Presentation. As far as your plans to return to work, great but hope for the best and plan for the worst. If you got a bump to 80SC, that in and of itself indicates a fairly severe disability picture. Give the VA Vocational Rehabilitation program some consideration. You may actually be "Individually Unemployable" due to your SC disabilities. You really can't be sure what your prognosis and actual future disability situation is going to be. If a Voc Reb Councilor determines that your SC conditions preclude you from successfully completing the Voc Reb program, that Denial letter would be a piecse of GOLD in a TDIU T&P claim. It certainly worked for me. If your up to it, check it out. I think it's a no looser program. Then there is always the VA Independent Living Program if you don't qualify for Voc Rahab.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Hi Gastone,

Thank you for your reply and kind advice. I just completed my BS using Voc Rehab and was 2 semesters in for my Masters when all of this happened. I had to drop out and do not know when or if I will be able to complete my Track. I have to speak with my counselor next week and I will know about where I stand at that point. You are correct, i am hoping for the best but I also know that I may never be able to go back to work. Right now, I only leave my house for appointments and I never leave town. But I am trying to get myself back. Thank you again for your wonderful advice.

AJ

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use