VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many Compensation & Pension Exams Is Normal For An Appeal?

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

Just wondering how many C&P exams is normal for a PTSD appeal???? I have had 5 so far and have a feeling that they will want to do another one before they send it to the BVA. All have lasted 20 minutes or less.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The PTSD area is something that I'm not really conversant in, let alone "up to date".

Having said that - - -

Number of C&P Exams

Just one, if it's unfavorable! <G>

Actually, the "new" VA PTSD guidelines may be driving multiple exams, in that the older exams may not

meet whatever the new standards are, and may not have been complete under the old ones..

Being a confirmed pessimist, I cannot help but wonder if they might be trying to delay things until

eligibility? changes from the old to new.

Hopefully my POA can speed up the process. I am calling her Monday because I am not getting any answers through the VA myself. If they ask for another C&P I might go crazy on the guy, 5 is more than enough.

5 C & Ps for one disability is very unusual.

Did you keep rebutting the C & P opinions?

What was their Reasons and Bases for their last denial?

Can you scan and attach that part of the denial here ?

(cover C file number,name and address prior to scanning)

Did you file the I-9 on time?

Chuck75 is right....

These days either you are diagnosed with PTSD or you arent.

In some cases there could be other MH issues along with the PTSD....maybe the cause of the multiple C & P exams....

If you are diagnosed with PTSD and fit into the 2010 PTSD criteria here at hadit as to 'fear of', and 'close proximity to hostile fire' supported by your DD 214 and MOS, that is one thing.....

But other vets who get the PTSD diagnosis need to prove their inservice stressor.

If you find you have new evidence after you get the BVA docket number, be sure to send the BVA that evidence (get a proof of mailing it to them and put your C file number and the BVA docket number on what you send.)

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Adding to Berta's post, you should "waive the original organization review" of any new evidence being submitted to the BVA, as it would force a remand if you don't waive it, which would cause another 2 yrs of processing delays. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Also, the VA likes to have current C&P exam results (i.e; those no older than 6 - 12 months) when making their decision. The VA wants a C&P exam for each and every disability claimed, unless there is enough current medical evidence available. jmo

pr