Mental Health C&p Advocate

yogi995

Question

The VA is sending me to a non VA Dr (Veterans Evaluations Services) in Nacogdoches,TX for mental health C&P exam Wednesday (10/29/14). A friend insists that he drive me to the exam & be with me during the exam as my advocate. It only 40 miles & I drive there with no problem, I'm afraid he will not tell the truth. He says I'm too proud to tell what all I have trouble with. I would like others thoughts about this,

• Like 1

The VA is sending me to a non VA Dr (Veterans Evaluations Services) in Nacogdoches,TX for mental health C&P exam Wednesday (10/29/14). A friend insists that he drive me to the exam & be with me during the exam as my advocate. It only 40 miles & I drive there with no problem, I'm afraid he will not tell the truth. He says I'm too proud to tell what all I have trouble with. I would like others thoughts about this,

Personally, I believe it's a good idea to have someone accompany us to a C&P exam.

It needs to be someone we trust is looking out for our best interest and someone we

are very comfortable with.

It does not sound like you are comfortable with this friend attending - so to me, this knocks

them out of the equation.

My question to you is . . .

Does this friend feel you will play super man and downplay your medical conditions

to the examiner ?

If the above is true - then your friend is in fact, looking out for your best interest.

If so, then you need to understand, it is imperative to show and relate your condition/s to the

examiner as they truly are, without your being superman and life is great.

You must be truthful with the examiner.

jmho

Thanks so much for your reply. My fear is that they will think that I'm lieing about my condition & trying to beat the system. I probablly do not say all should. The friend did call Congressman Gohmerts office on my case. That did speed things up.

Yogi, my wife went in with me to my C&P. When some of the questions... actually several questions, after my answer, she would make corrective statements. I was pretty pi&&ed off by the end of the exam, but afterward I realized everything she said was more true to my actual situation than anything I said. Her assistance was invaluable to the outcome of my claim.

Your friend may prove to be the best, or worst, decision you make concerning your claim.

Thanks, The exam went good. The friend helped no end. He's full of BS but he was serious at the exam, The DR said that exam should end my problems with the VA.. Afraid to get my hopes too high. My status did go from gathering of evidence to preparation for decision in the past week.