Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lower Back Pain In Service Now Herniated Disk Connecting Dots

Rate this question

mrmark1999

Question

I have currently have a diagnosis for bilateral patella phemorial syndrome I am rated at 20 %for that and 20 % for bilateral Achilles tendinitis .I have in my medical files after falling off a obstical course it says add back therapy to treatment and for months after that date continuation of back pain and therapy.

In my civilian records in more recent times i have been diagnosed with 2 herniated disks in my lower back. in the same area where the back pain was at in service. I have had pain in my back sense service .I was informed that the disk issue could be caused by the fall.
1) how do i connect the 2 in the VA's eyes ?

2) Other then the doctor's current notes and x rays showing the herniated disk what current medical evidence do i need?

The pain has Progressively been getting worse with age and weight gain

3)Other then getting an IMO what are the KEY WORDS they are looking for in a fully developed claim ?

​During service I was basically given Motrin for all pain and told to suck it up.Now I realize there could have been a real underlying issue

thank you for all you do i would appreciated any help you can be

What an IMO needs to show is explained here:

I forget if I mentioned in that post to be sure to have the doctor state their credentials and experience in the field of the claimed disability.

Dr. Bash provides a 10 or 12 page Currilum Vitae rundown on his background, attached to his IMO..

berta you are awesome you have told me that before for my Achilles tendinitis i did ask for my doctors references when i sent in my IMO he was the national board president for Podiatry and head of several podiatrist organisations he wrote 2 books on the subject matter basically a genius in his fiels and his resume showed it when i got my approval letter back from the VA the went with his expertise it sounded funny thy basically said your doctor was smarter then the one who examined you so we will go with yours

please keep doing what you are doing you are helping more then you know

thanks for every thing

mark

Edited by mrmark1999