Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Eagle Has Landed "part 2"

Rate this topic

aggie54

Since you submitted your dependency claim along with your disability claim, you should be paid dependency back to the effective date that your disability claim combined rating was 30% or higher, assuming your dependents qualified as of that same date.

If I were you I would just email Robert McDonald at robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov with your name, claim number and a short description of your issue.

Thank you Carlie, and Navywife, I will certainly do that. I just feel it's not fair on the VA's part to try and cheat, or another words overlook such a big difference in benefits.

I am sure it will all come out ok, but more important is the fact that it's all coming to an end.

Sometimes closure it the best medicine for the mind.

Thank you guys for your continue support to us brothers and sisters.

God Bless.

Update:

Navywife I sent the email as you suggested to Sec. MacDonald with all the eveidence to prove that my claim should have been backdated to 2010.

Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by aggie54

• 4 weeks later...

Well Ladies, and Gentleman. The VA has finally finished my claim. Last thing that was lingering around was my dependency claim which was being backdated to 2013 win I was awarded 100%, when in fact it should have been Sept 1,2010 when I retired.

Ater a brief email to the Sec of the VA which I sent out about 3 weeks ago sparked a fire in someone's seat, and my claim was decided, and backdated to 2010.

I really appreciate everything you guys did for me in guiding me to success.

I am done with the VA now.

Thank you so much Navywife for suggesting I email McDonald.

Thank you Jesus, and Thank you guys.God Bless.

Aggie.

Edited by aggie54

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use