VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod

Rate this question

Jmgonzales1966

Question

Its probably on a stack of papers in GA waiting to be uploaded.

My neighbors son sent information around 11/15/14 and it still hasn't shown on ebenefits.

The VSO says with the holiday season and the volumes of paperwork needing to be scanned, to just be patient.

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Been there, JM, and actually there again.

Start with an IRIS inquiry. If they respond to you like me, you'll have an answer in a month. Maybe they find it. Maybe they don't. But if it's in your C-file, they should see it. It does take time to get through the upload process and then opening an appeal isn't automatic, so it does take a while. But somone ought to be able to find it. Yes, you could invest an hour on hold rather than weeks waiting for an email, but you won't have written response giving your status.

If the National IRIS Response Center cannot find it, write a letter to the RO asking for their assistance in finding your NOD. Include a copy of your NOD and -- very important -- any proof you have of timely receipt or postmark. This is where the handstamped receipt at the RO or handstamped certified mailing receipt and proof of payment along with the green return receipt card become as valuable as gold. This is particularly true if you were up against the deadline. It saved me once. I've also tended to enclose copies of the responses from the IRIS Response Center showing that there's a problem somewhere.

Goes without saying, but you're not going to win any points by speculating on their motives or moral constitution. I've kept my letters to them as professional as possible with tone that leans friendly.

Guess you'll have to send your package through the Evidence Intake Center.

NODs do disappear. My second one did like my first one, and my letter and package asking whatever happened to it will be in the mail today.

Edited by TiredCoastie

I was fortunate that my local VAMedCenter has a representative who works for the BVA out of the local RO office. He has the ability to scan it in directly, and he did. My DAV representative (also located at my local VAMedCenter) is also capable of having it scanned in locally by calling his guys at the downtown office which is located right next to the BVA office. BOTH of these methods BYPASS Georgia. Just because they CAN doesn't mean they will. Especially if you don't ask.

Good Luck!

GR

Edited by GlassRose1500