VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Development Letter Not Arrived After 10 Days?

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

10 Days ago Ebenefits alerted me that a Development Letter had been sent to me and after my claim had already sitting in the system with no action for the last 6 months. I started the claim over a year ago and had heard very little from VBA?

Anyway, I'm at the 10 day mark and the letter still has not arrived to my mail box yet?...Is this the usual situation for Development Letters being late or should I contact the VBA about still not officially receiving the letter? I believe it's going to tell me that my claim was taken out of the FDC Program because the claim completion date changed in embennefits from 02/15/2015 to 01/15/2017.

Folks:

Here's an update, still no "Development Letter" after a month and I doubt that I'm going to see one based upon what I'm seeing at Hadit.com and other comments? Also, my neice just got hired as a new reporter for a major metropolitian newspaper and will help me with my article on the FDC Process that I'm going thru now. Exams were orderd on the 10th and 28th of December but I have not heard anythihg thus far about scheduling them? From what I've heard, I will get a call for the ACE, they will make a determination based upon the questions and we will go from there. I'm sure the holidays affected it and I should be hearing something very soon....I hope that is?

Edited by rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope you hear something soon rootbeer!

Folks:

Well, it appears that my commuincations with the disability system have not fallen on deaf ears and that I will now be able to retake the CP exams that I first challenged. I got a call from a scheduler and a scheduler contractor this week to confirm new exams. They were very nice and also helpful. I/ve tried to stay postiive with this experience and know that I'm working with a lot of folks that are over-worked and in some cases under-appreciated. I do a great deal of research and as an analyst, I really do my homework. Not to prove anyone wrong, but to ensure that I understand the correct process or procedures becuase this has great consequences on Vets lives and especially their families-who love them-like mine. My wife says that I take of everyone else first , before I do anything for myself--at all. But I think that came about as a result of millitary service where your job is to take care of those that you work with or care for first? So, she was the one that said, "you were severly injured in the mililtary and did your duty so make sure this claim gets done now". I know she's worried about my future health and that each year it's tougher for me to work and get around. So, when I went in had a C&P and was treated poorly, I was very disappointed. then later I thought, if I've gone thru this how many other vet's ratings and lives are affected by this same person and the impacts on others disabilty ratings? I did speak to the patient advocate and he said by regulation she is not supposed to show any bias in an exam? For instance almost scolding me that why did I not do this earlier when I retired? Then when I said, "I did request to file a disability a claim with my retirement records" -but she absolutely dismissed my motives until I produced a copy of the signed paperwork - but it was too late because at lot of key information was left off of my exams -for instance, I have large back scars and have 4 -6 episodes of intense pain each year-but never mentioned? However, I now have more faith in the disability system because I am now going to be able to redo the exams in question - over again. So, hopefully, I'll have a better CP exam experience and I have to drive almost 4 hours in to anthoer state to do them?

Edited by rootbeer22

• HadIt.com Elder

"I have large back scars and have 4 -6 episodes of intense pain each year-but never mentioned?"

The VA was ignoring pain at C&P exams, and the vague pain related provisions in the compensation schedule.

There were enough complaints that the VA started data collection efforts that resulted in the pain related questions that were asked whenever a routine

medical appointment was involved.

Scars were also downplayed, as a result of a change in the compensation schedule. (10% minimum to 0%)

My award records show all of 20% for painful scars, and 0% for all others. ????

On Jan. 26 2015 I checked ebennies and It said a developmental letter was sent . I am new to the VA C&P process so I was waiting for this letter. I live in the Philippines and I am unsure of the mail system. I checked with the Director at the nearest VA help office and he said just wait. On Feb. 5th 2015 the Manilla VA made me an appt. for a tinnitus exam on the 20th of Feb . Today is Feb.25 and I got my developmental letter telling me they would call and make an appt. for me. It was mailed Feb. 5 from the VA in Manilla. Better late than never...I don't know where the ball was dropped, Philippine postal I guess. I didn't know what a developmental letter was all about and really had some anxiety from it, because I didn't want to delay my decision due to something that was out of my control.

I should know better....