Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Appeal Won

Rate this topic

Dinnard

Dinnard: My 06/27/14 DRO TDIU Award has never shown up on my E-Bennys. After DRO Hearing 9:45am, my VSO-Rep called me at 3:30 and told me he had the Signed DRO Decision on his desk and forwarded me a copy. I used that to file for Mi Prop Tax Exemption and to get my DOD Card. It was the near end of July before I received the Official "BigAXX" brown envelope with Decision award. I think my "BigAxx" Retro Deposit hit my bank account couple days before envelope arrived.

You said you get SSDI, right. You get that from US Govt at your full retirement benefit amount until you reach your full retirement age then it automatically switches to Regular SS. As for KY Disability, best wishes. The SC Retro and your New $3K Tax Free $ should take the edge off anything KY does.

Merry Christmas

Semper Fi

Gastone

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

After waiting since the decision in December I decided to take matters in my own hands again. I sent an email to the VA Undersecretary expressing that while expediting a decision in two months was great having to wait an extended period of time to actual receive the benefits defeated the purpose of expediting. The next day my husband received from the Louisville Regional Office advising that all the paper work had been processing, payment had been approved and money should be deposited in the next couple of days. Two days later ALOT of money dropped in our bank account. It went back 5 years which was all way back to the date I said it should go back to and was permanent and total. Stay strong and never give up!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use