Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal/dro Question

Rate this question

k5one

Question

My claim was denied June 2014. I now have a diagnosis/IME and will probably have a IMO soon. I am submitting all of this in January 2015.

As I understand it, a new diagnosis/IME/IMO is N&M evidence, which will trigger an automatic review, within 1 year of denial of your claim.

My question is; After I submit my N&M evidence, if it is denied, will this reset the 1 year for appeal, or is the appeal time frame still 1 year from June. I plan to file an appeal if my claim is not granted prior to June of 2015, but was trying to find how N&M evidence affects the appeal time frame.

PR: If we had known then, what we Know now! Just think of the difference it would have made.Retro checks would have been smaller, we would have been awarded much sooner. Information and Education is POWER. We Old Dogs need all we can get.

Happy New Year

Semper Fi

Gastone

Thanks to Had It, I know a lot more than I did when I filed my claim. I am learning, and correcting my ignorance. I should have everything by the end of the month. I just have to find a day when my mind is actually working, so that I can get it all together.