VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Retro Pay Question

Rate this question

elijahdoe

Question

Hello,

Just a quick question.

I originally filed my claim in August 2012 and just saw my retro pay show up in Ebenefits.

After doing the calculations, it is reflecting 24 months and not the 28 or 29 month as it should.

Any clue what causes this?

Thank you

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If the paperwork in your BBE does not indicate P &T, check your AB8 letter under "downloadable VA letters" on ebenefits. It will show if your status is permanent. The downloadable VA letters are found under the "Access My Documents" tab.

elijahdoe,

As Philip Rogers stated above, you can not be rated as P & T unless you have a 100% rating or TDIU. You stated your monthly award was $976.13 which is not a 100% award. If this info is correct, you will have to submit evidence justifying a 100% rating before you can even be considered for P & T. If my recollection is correct, your PTSD C & P exam stated you are 31 years old and still employed. If this is correct, you would have a difficult time being considered for TDIU. JMO

No problem. We all learn something new everyday.

Good luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

My opinion is if they gave you 50% for PTSD, then you should probably be 70% or 100%. The VA usually lowballs claimants. Back in '89 they rated me 30%, which I appealed and eventually won 100%, but I also wasn't working. jmo

pr