VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting On Results....so..frustrated

Rate this question

Michelle

Question

Hello Again Everyone/Berta;

Well, I had my C&P last month one with the Psychiatrist (PTSD has worsened) and one with the M.D. (she didn't know anything about Neurology and that's why they sent me there) but I sent VA a message through IRIS that I had received a copy of my C&P results and the report by the M.D. was incorrect, and not true. She didn't do any type of tests, labs, anything she just talked to me and I didn't talk much because she started off by asking me "Now, why do you think your not supposed to work"....I told her that I've worked since I was 16 so I don't know what she was talking about. I asked her if she had read over my file, and She said, No. Well, how the hell is she supposed to know anything about my history if she hasn't read anything? But what she did was skimmed thru it and the way you can tell is that instead of reviewing the information from my Civilian Primary Care Doctor who has been treating me every month since 2000. She went back a quoted something from a Neurologist that I saw in 1999, one time and then she didn't even get that correct.

I told the VA that I wanted them to disregard her report because it was just wrong. Anyway, I didn't ask them for an increase in my Polyneuropathy I'm already at 60% for it. My claim was for P&T due to IU because of PTSD. The Psychiatrit on the other hand did a very, good report and he told me I shouldn't have any further problems with VA. I haven't heard back from VA yet because I asked them to let me know if the M.D. didn't turn in my Nerve Conduction Study and EMG, also a report from my civilian doctor. My claim is a year old on the 25th. I'm so tired of this and I know what you all can understand it. I get 30% for PTSD for a total combined rating of 70%. But now based on my NCS my polyneuropathy has gotten worse but the M.D. didn't report that. How long do you all think it will be from this point?

Michelle

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Michelle -I sure am glad you felt that the psychiatrist's report will sure help the PTSD rating.Since you do have a civilian doctor , it might be very easy to question the MD report but will that make a difference if they do give you TDIU?

It is odd that your claim was for the PTSD but they gave you this C & P too.

Hard to say how long this will take- we sure all know the frustration- and the waiting.

"But now based on my NCS my polyneuropathy has gotten worse but the M.D. didn't report that" Isn't it really something that these VA doctors can ignore the positive evidence????

As treating physicians they could be found negligent but as C & P doctors they seem to get away with inaccurate medical assessments. That is a double standard and it just isn't fair.

• HadIt.com Elder
As treating physicians they could be found negligent but as C & P doctors they seem to get away with inaccurate medical assessments. That is a double standard and it just isn't fair.

I am pleased to state that the two psychiatrist that did my last c&P which was full of slanderous lies. are sitting on the hot seat this very moment.

They will now address the issues as to why I went for the c&P examination and why I was sent a letter of my reminder for my treatment appointment, which turned out to be a c&p under hypnosis.

The BVa wants a complete rationale as to how they came up with their decision and they want a new opinon.

They have 30 days to complete this and to turn this back into the AMC.

If the examiner did not do a complete and through examination, report it in writing to the medical center and to the R.O Request a new C&P, and if you don't get it as I didn't. Appeal and go over their heads.

Now the two of them have their license and the code of ethics of the medical center to deal with also.

Sometimes persistence pays off.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Boondoc,

Hynosis is illegal when used for a C&P. My claim is so stupid anymore it is pathetic. The Va. sends me a notice of my treatment appointment. I arrive at the medical center. They refuse to allow my husband back there and do there little hypnosis thing.

I have written a 15 page letter to the BVA of these dirty dealings.

I went so far as to send them a drawing of the room.

What they wrote in the C&P are a bunch of slanderous lies. They took my military and private medical records and changed all the wording of all of my records to make me what they wanted me to be.

I am so happy that I didn't throw away that innocent little Notice of my Clinic appointment, as it shows how they planned to disqualify me.

I would never advice anyone to enter a room with two psychiatrist. unless you have someone with you.

You are fair game, unless you can prove that your rights were violated.

Now, the C&P is back with the two psychiatrist to explain why the hypnosis and review my record and make a new opinion, based on medical facts only with complete rationale for the decision.

No more of their hog wash!

The BVA is representing me against them. They both are sitting there, as their license is at issue and so it their positions at the hospital.

Hypnosis is only allowed, if you sign a form and never allowed for a C&P.

They can plant ideals in your head and tell you what to say.

If you ever for before a Board, don't walk in their alone.

Jospehine

• HadIt.com Elder

Hypnosis for a C&P exam???? This sounds bizarre. I would bet money that you have to sign a release for this and that there should not be only males in the room doing the hypnosis on a female. This sounds unethical and unprofessional and maybe illegal.