VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

491 Days.

Rate this question

ddj6969

Question

NOD has been at the Chicago RO with a DRO for 491 days. Was told by IRIS they are averaging 447 days. Just wondering how long everyone else has been waiting.

DDJ: As NODs go, depends what you requested, DRO Review, DRO Hearing or BVA Hearing. Also, how complicated your claim is. This missing evidence, did you think the VA was already in possession of it? have you been handling your claim by yourself or with the assistance of a VSR?

I had a DRO Hearing 06/14 from a NOD filed 2010. Less than 2 yrs for a NOD, your VARO must be on steroids.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I requested a DRO review.

I think my claim is pretty simple. IVDS causes pain, tingling, numbness, etc. (radiculopath) in both shoulders, arms and hands. I was treated by a private doctor as my station had no medical center. The doctor only kept the records 7 years. I made several attempts to get the records and were told every time the records were destroyed. IVDS and radiculopathy is documented on the Tricare records with diagnosis codes and I also have 2 IMO's in support of my claim.

The VA does not have the records as they don't exist anymore. At my C&P I told them go ahead and get them if you can and my claim will be even more solid.

I have been doing my claim with the help of this forum!

Chicago RO is not on steroids but thanks to members of this forum I emailed Allison Hickey who responded right away. I was then contacted by Director of Chicago RO and less than a week later at Iowa City.

That's great on getting some movement from Chicago!

It wouldn't surprise me if there are some records missing. They lost some of my husband's. I had to send in the burial claim several times.

I have been waiting 750 days now, I'm from Albuquerque. I emailed Allison on Thursday afternoon, she replied the next morning... Hoping to hear something from her office or my regional office in the next few days. I will keep you guys updated.