VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Notification Of Decision

Rate this question

air1

Question

When the DRO finally makes a decision will he or she contact me or my POA .Will she just mail my bbe instead to my address of record,if no rating in my favor will she not notify me or POA of decision but rather just mail both of us decision.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Air: A very good and timely question. The answer is, who knows, we'll have to wait for your report. What type of DRO did you choose, Review or Personal Hearing? I had a DRO Personal Hearing 06/14, decided on "Informal" no recording or transcript. Left the hearing after 35 min with DRO stating he was awarding all major $$ issues from 10 & 12 NODS. My VSO-Rep called to advise me that he had the official DRO Decision on his desk at 3:30, I requested he email me a copy. About 28 days later I received the Big Brown Award envelope. 2 days berfore, the reto was direct deposited.

Friend of mine thought he was waiting for a DRO Hearing and received a Suplemental Statement of Case instead. Not good, the SSOC indicates your denial of 1 or more of your NOD'd issues has been continued. Turned out his VSO-Rep requested only a REVIEW not a hearing. The Vet was setting on his N & M Evidence, waiting to present it at the hearing, which never took place. He's now awaiting a BVA Vidieo Hearing going on 9 months. Only positive note, he sent his N&M Evidence in and got a VARO Automatic Review of his Denial. So that part of the VARO Rating system works. It didn't help, he received an additional SSOC continuing his denial and addressing his New Evidence.

What was the time-line of your NOD & DRO. Did you have a VSO-Rep and how much help was offered?

Semper Fi

Gastone

NOD 12/14,DRO FORMAL HEARING WITH LAWYER 10/17.WHEN RECORDER OFF THE DRO STATED "IM GOING TO DO SOMETHING". IM IN WV SO WE TEND TO DO GOOD WITH TURNOVER OF HEARINGS.MY LAWYER ASK ME QUESTIONS AND THEN DRO AND I COULD FEEL SHE UNDERSTOOD MY CASE OR FELT MY PAIN.MY LAWYER AFTERWARDS SAID I HAD GOOD CASE AND SHE HAS WON WITH LESS.MY IMO STATED MORE LEAST AS LIKELY THAN NOT AND HE ALSO STATED THAT I SHOULD BE RATED EQUAL TO 50% OR MORE AND THAT HE FELT IS WAS UNABLE TO WORK DUE TO MY PTSD AND MDD.

JUST TALK TO EBENNY AND THEY SAID STILL WAITING FOR DRO DECISION AND RECEIVED TRANSCRIPT OF HEARING DECEMBER 1,2015 AND WAITING TO BE TRANSCRIBE.AGAIN WILL CONTACT ME OR POA FIRST.