Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerned About Claim

Rate this question

tdubya82

Question

You may know what you have but you cannot diagnose yourself in VA . I would ask for an consult with a psych doctor. Tell them your symptoms and get an official diagnosis. VA seems to very good at giving bullshit treatment while downplaying your symptoms and ilnesses/

I f you feel you want to see a mental health doctor sooner. walk into your VA go to the patient advocates offices and tell them you need to see a mental health professional TODAY and your not leaving until you see somebody. Park your ass in thier office and sit there until they get somebody.

I agree with 63sierra.

Visit a VA hospital for the mental health issue.

Let them diagnosis, identify a stressor, and treat the issue.

Last, be patient and perfect your claim with good medical evidence.

It is not your fault at all; sounds like the shrink is trying to reduce the number of PTSD claims at the front end by not accurately recording your symptoms.

Go through this list and choose all that apply. Maybe give examples of the symptoms in your life. http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/PTSD-overview/dsm5_criteria_ptsd.asp

Bring that with you to your next psychologist. I might even submit it with a 21-4138 http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4138-ARE.pdf with that information to support your PTSD claim.

Is your social worker a PhD or what is their title?

Being informed and prepared doesn't mean you are gaming the system; you are in this to win.

And, if you are not happy with any of your VA care, please communicate that and request a different person.

We're here for you! :smile:

Sounds like you're making the right move in switching therapists. Is there a Vet Center near you? Vet Centers only focus on trauma and are removed from most of the VA bureaucracy.

Sorry you are getting the run around too. After watching the HVC hearing yesterday, it's clear that they have been sandbagging PTSD claims. I remember that someone during the first panel mentioned that under the proposed budget, VARO's would now be able to rate claims without regard to budget constraints. That tells me that until now the budget comes before the vet's health.