Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Making It Harder To Get Tdiu

Rate this question

mttib

Question

Has anyone else had issues with getting your doc to write a letter for your claim. How are you suppose to get a fair shake if your doc can't even write anything. I mean nothing he isn't saying im not employable but he wont do it period.

4 answers to this question

Has anyone else had issues with getting your doc to write a letter for your claim. How are you suppose to get a fair shake if your doc can't even write anything. I mean nothing he isn't saying im not employable but he wont do it period.

I recommend a Disability Benefits Questionnaire DBQ for whatever your disability maybe. Pull it off line and take it to your VA doc or private doc. If the VA doc refuses contact patient advocacy at your VAMC. If this doesn't work the next step is the Director's Office at your local VA. I have a Service Officer to help with these issues. However, some others on Hadit believe the VSO to be a waste of time. I strongly disagree. Mine help save my life and marriage. JMO

• HadIt.com Elder

Request a DRO Hearing,

get a IMO/IME ask the Dr to write your unable to work or find gainful employment due to your sc disability's!

meet the DRO face to face! when you present new and medical evidence to support your claim its hard for them to denied .

Edited by Buck52

thank you both for the advice. I haven't asked my pill doc, but my Prolonged Exposure doc said he could write a letter stating the type of theraphy we're doing but can't say if I can work or not. Go figure, makes no sense to me but hey! Im not going to give up. thanks again brothers.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd spend a little $$ if your able to? and get a outside Dr to address IME/IMO can't depend on VA Dr's

jmo