• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bdd Filed To Complete In Less Than 90 Days

Rate this topic

highoctane

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of my evidence comes from buddy statements and my exit exam.. Marines in my time were taught to suck it up and take a Motrin. What are your contentions? I came to this site rated at 30%, and I can see 100 from where I'm standing. The future it bright for you..

Major ones were heart disease..I've got 4 stents in my heart..but I "sucked it up" and ran PFTs and CFTs and put out on the stress tests and said I felt fine in order to stay in until retirement(I'm sure that didn't help my claim..oh well). So my stress test results probably going by the book didnt get me squat for that contention..even though I'll be lucky to see 60 according to my military cardiologist.

Other major ones are ulcerative colitis..started after a tour in Iraq..no famility history..I was hospitalized for it but long story short I was told if I wasn't better Id be discharged..doc told me..hey if you complain you will be discharged..so I didn't..after the inital severe illness.. I just dealt with it. Luckily I was at a point in my career where I could make sure my office was near a bathroom.

Next most severe was a back injury from falling off of a helicopter back in 2003..I have constant low back pain and you know how that is in the military..it's taken with a grain of salt..unless you are the one who has it..I've not slept more than 4 hours straight since 2003..my back wakes me up and I have to reposition..but all the military doc wanted to do was send me to physical therapy that didn't help so I gave up and dealt with the pain..I had reponsibilities, I didn't have time to go the physical therapy everyday when it wasn't helping. I finally got an MRI right before I retired but o doubt that the VA saw those results..it was after my exams were complete. Which by the way the C&P exams were a joke..the main exam the doctor would ask me about a contebtuon(he had not seen my records) and before I could even answer he was asking about the next one..and if I said I wasn't dont explaining he would say "we aren't t talking about X anymore we are now talking about y"..he said I don't have much time. I felt like the whole process was a check in the box. I could go on and on...no point though I guess.

Any who I have several other contentions..shoulder injury, foot injury ect...surgeries ect..but all in all I pretty much didnt follow up after I initial treatment because as you say we just take motrin and suck it up. My DAV rep said "they know that"..but now I'm not so sure he was right :)

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use