Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bdd Filed To Complete In Less Than 90 Days

Rate this topic

highoctane

First off this site, and a few others, have been a great source of info..so I hope I can start giving back a little.

I guess this goes here? I feel fortunate that my claim was completed so quickly(even if I'm not 100% happy with the results)

BDD claim(Winston Salem) >8 contentions

I retired 1 Dec 14, all exams completed prior to retirement.

Claim filed 1 Dec 14

Skipped to Prep for Decision 7 Jan 15

Pending Decision Appoval 20 Feb 15

Complete 21 Feb 15..

Outstanding as time far as I can tell..claim effective date is off by 1 month(says 1Jan 15)..and while I'm not crushed by the total rating I did expect it to be higher. I do know at least one contention that I claimed was not rated at all(doesn't show up as a contention on ebenefits)not sure why. But I chose to not interupt the process and deal with that after the fact. Now to figure out what to do next lol.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

highoctane

Congratulations on your win a win is a win,

Your award letter should explain how and why they made their decision, you can appeal the contention they did not mention & also the EED.

You need to wait and read your award letter

Thank you for your service

Buck!

60%, dont have the BBE yet, just looked at the letter on ebenefits.

Marine I honestly don't know what I "deserve" .but based on what I have seen personal aquaintances and friends get rated I should have probably gotten 100% easy lol.

Most of my contentions were well documents in my service treatment record but I'm wondering if the fact that I gave up on getting treatment while active duty for most of them and just "lived with the pain" might have hurt my claim. Obviously I'm speculating and will know more when I get the paperwork. I'm just glad the initial waiting is over and thankful that it wasn't lower. It can always be worse right?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use