Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally!

Rate this topic

whoami?

I would like to thank everyone here who directly or indirectly assisted me with my claim. Before I found this site I was lost...I just didn't understand the VA...well thats putting it mildly. After coming here I spent my countless sleepless nights doing research on these forums and arming myself for battle with the VA. I am very grateful for this site and the people here without you I'd still be going in circles with the VA. On the other hand thanks to you I was recently granted a very favorable decision. I would like to specially thank Navy04 for his help and guidance in both my VA claim and my SSDI claim he really helped me nail them both. I can't thank you guys enough for what you do every day. I don't know if I should piggyback on this post or start another one for some denied issues associated with this claim.

I have chondromalachia in both knees rated at 10%. I also have radiculapathy in both legs rated at 20 and 10%. I had knee surgery last year and I was denied a rating for the cal/mcl knee surgery. Does anyone have any experience with this? How should I attack this situation.

Also if anyone is wondering I am 100% P&T so I was thinking maybe I would just let sleeping dogs lie and just be content with what i have. But a part of me wants to fight for what I believe I deserve. I believe that I should have received a rating for my knee during and after the surgery. I had a very rude examiner for my knee and the entire time we bumped heads so he gave me a less than favorable write up for my knee. That was my fault but I felt like he was bullying me. That was a mistake on my part I just couldn't keep myself poised while under such baseless attacks from a stranger. At any rate what do you guys think I should do?

Since your profile shows your rating as 40%, I assume your recent award moved you up to 100% P & T. As a result, you moved from priority group 2 to priority group 1 in the VA Healthcare System. As you may or may not be aware, you are eligible for additional benefits in priority group 1 including the following:

Free VA healthcare for all medical conditions regardless of whether the conditions are service connected or not. No copays for VA appointments or VA prescriptions.

Reimbursement of any copays you previously paid for VA appointments or VA prescriptions retroactive back to the effective date of your award assigning you a disability rating of 50% or higher.

Note: Since you are now 100% P & T, your family members eligible for Champva would be eligible for reimbursement of all out of pocket medical expenses (medical appointments, labs, prescriptions, etc.) retroactive back to the effective date of your 100% P & T award.

Good luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats,

enjoy , georgiapapa has some good info in the above post.

As for as filing more claims if your disability has worsen or have a new S.C. disability sure file you a claim like yesterday, just be careful and not be ''greedy'' Just use some common sense!

Buck52!

You are very very welcome bud. So happy to see you get the good news. I know how you feel bud. I submitted 2 FDCs since last summer for R Shoulder, L Knee and Lower Back that the VA kept denying me, had horrible Exams at VBES, if I am right, Docs would not even look at me even though I was hurt in OEF, while in service and MRIs, along with VA paying Fee based for Back Treatment and current referral for Ortho Surgeon. I have since been SC for R shoulder on last claim. So even though I am 100% and did not want to rock the boat, I put in another FDC in Nov 14 for the Lower Back, L Knee and a few other new Secondarys. What happened next is crazy, my claim was at Prep for Decision from Dec 14 thru Jan 15, then goes back to Gathering of Evidence and VA requests a ton of C&Ps that I had 2 weeks ago, and decide to Review most of my SC %s, just to play with me. Well I am not going to lie, I was dang near scared. Now looking at the C&P notes it looks like everything will finally be granted SC, and infact was diagnosed with a few other conditions, and the VA will probably increase my PTSD, Crohns and Migraines/TBI which those as***** reviewed me on. I have had over 30 C&Ps in the last 2 years, along with all of my health problems. I have since been diagnosed with a few rateable %s along with Sleep Apnea which by itself Is 50%. I agree with not rocking the boat, but I believe that we as Vets should file for every condition and scar that we came home with, which we did not ask for. If I were you bud wait about 6 months and did apply for new conditions, or just reopen the denied claims. I prefer to reopen, rather that appeal, just my opinion. Good luck and take care. Take your family out for a nice meal with those new Dollars!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use